LOCUST on the Newell

Submitted: Friday, Apr 02, 2010 at 23:41
ThreadID: 126488 Views:3236 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are currently heading north on the Newell Hwy, and stopped in Forbes for lunch and to clean the windscreen.
There is a large amount of Locusts on the move between West Wyalong and Forbes and no doubt further north, so if anyone is planning to travel this way it could pay to put something in front of the radiator and bring some bug cleaning products with you.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Leigh & Mita - Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 23:03

Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 23:03
Yep, there further up north as well Brian.

We travelled from Charleville to Bingera a couple of weeks ago. Between Mungindi, Moree and Warialda there were heaps of them.

Oh and as a footnote, the roads that were flood affected between Charleville, Mitchell, St George, Nindigully, Mungindi were in pretty good condition and pose no problems.

Leigh
AnswerID: 580198

Reply By: Rob & Glen - Friday, Apr 09, 2010 at 02:59

Friday, Apr 09, 2010 at 02:59
Brian
My son was told once by a midnorth SA resedent that Locusts bounce at 79kph and splatter at 80kph. Have yet to try for myself but it sounds like the truck is still pulling ok but a right foot adjustment may be in order. It may save cleaning the windscreen as often.

Rob
Just wearing the road out that we built.

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 580199

Reply By: NIK `N` OFF - Saturday, Apr 24, 2010 at 04:37

Saturday, Apr 24, 2010 at 04:37
We travelled the Newell & Stuart Highways in the last two days and the locusts are still very thick, especially around Pinaroo and further East, The windscreens needed to be cleaned half dozen times, damn bugs set like concrete .....
AnswerID: 580200

Our Sponsors