Ritar batteries

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 10, 2010 at 06:27
ThreadID: 126499 Views:3970 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had any experience with, or know anything about Ritar batteries.
They have been suggested by the Alco dealer in Melbourne, but I am a bit wary as I have never heard of them before.

Comments on other brands of batteries also welcome.

Bob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Uncle Dodgy - Saturday, Apr 10, 2010 at 20:49

Saturday, Apr 10, 2010 at 20:49
Greetings Bob

We installed 4 Ritar batteries in our BT very early last year.
Since then have been around Australia anti clockwise, and couldn,t be happier with their performance. Away nine months.
We now have 4 batteries and 4 panels. Until the changeover last year we were running three and three and found we needed the extra panel and battery to accommodate all the toys in cloudy weather.
Don't forget the advantages of BOG membership when purchasing.

Cheers
John
John & Sharyn
Takin' the long way home - Towing a Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Nissan Patrol 6X4 tow vehicle for 19ft Bushtracker., 19 Ft Queen Island Full Off Road Bushtracker.

AnswerID: 580227

Reply By: galacticbob - Monday, Apr 12, 2010 at 07:20

Monday, Apr 12, 2010 at 07:20
John

Thanks for your comments in regard to Ritar batteries,
much appreciated.

Bob
AnswerID: 580228

Reply By: Tellem Bugrem - Wednesday, Apr 14, 2010 at 17:14

Wednesday, Apr 14, 2010 at 17:14
Hello John and Sharyn,

What are the details of the Ritar batteries...construction, amp hours, weight & dimensions?

I have been testing Optima spiral cell batteries for a year now and can't fault them. Whilst they are only 75ah their recharge time is amazingly fast. They are 15 times less susceptible to vibrations, they can lie on their side if need be, and, at 27kg, they are 9kg less than the former leaky BT AGM's.

Rob
AnswerID: 580229

Follow Up By: Uncle Dodgy - Sunday, Apr 18, 2010 at 06:52

Sunday, Apr 18, 2010 at 06:52
G'day Rob

I have just(17 April 10) loaded a brochure into the members swap file, titled Ritar RA12-120S Battery Brohure.
That brochure will give you the specs on the batteries that we are running.
You can access brochures on the Ritar range by going to www.ritarpower.com and if you select a particular type of battery (eg RA in our case) you get a page of these batteries that from memory start at 6 volt and progress upward. A brochure on each individual battery should be downloadable from there.
If you need more detail about our setup, or have difficulty downloading the brochure, perhaps you could flick me a member message with your email address and I can attach a brochure copy to an email.
Hope this helps
Cheers
John
John & Sharyn

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Nissan Patrol 6X4 tow vehicle for 19ft Bushtracker., 19 Ft Queen Island Full Off Road Bushtracker.

FollowupID: 852438

Follow Up By: Uncle Dodgy - Sunday, Apr 18, 2010 at 06:56

Sunday, Apr 18, 2010 at 06:56
Bob

An after thought.
If you are coming to the Tepon Muster this year, you could have a gander at our setup and very likely a discussion on all things battery over a red or two.

Cheers
John
John & Sharyn

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 852439

Reply By: Silver Fox - Thursday, Apr 15, 2010 at 03:32

Thursday, Apr 15, 2010 at 03:32
What is the price of the 'Optima'. ?
AnswerID: 580230

Follow Up By: Tellem Bugrem - Saturday, Apr 17, 2010 at 06:19

Saturday, Apr 17, 2010 at 06:19
Sorry, the price is considerably more than other betteries......$480 each....but the feeling I;m getting after 1 year is that so far , it looks like money well spent.

We are heading for a southern peninsulars, Lake Eyre, Coongie Lakes, Innaminka and a run alomg the Qld/Nsw Border area, post floods, in the next couple of months, so I;ll post an update on the Optimas after that.

Cheers.........Rob
FollowupID: 852440

Reply By: Freewheelers - Monday, May 03, 2010 at 08:29

Monday, May 03, 2010 at 08:29
hi guys
we installed 3 ritars at alco rockhamton in nov last year they are 120 amp hour
we fitted these because the fullrivers would not fit in the battery box by 6 mm
when you see the ritars beside the fullrivers they are obviously from the same stable
ritars are slightly cheaper
google ritars to get a cross section of opinion
ours have performed well to date
cheers
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 580231

Our Sponsors