Vehicle Conponents DO Hitch

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 01, 2011 at 22:10
ThreadID: 127119 Views:3979 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Do you have it? Like or dislike? Problems? How compares to other hitches you have used?

I have to decide between McHitch and Vehicle Components DO.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Silver Fox - Sunday, Jan 02, 2011 at 08:00

Sunday, Jan 02, 2011 at 08:00
For what it's worth. I had a DO35 fitted and when my 20 ft. decided to roll-over the Landcruiser stayed up-right. Chains and cables were separated and mangled but the Do35 kept us up-right. Maybe a fluke but they certainly can do 270 degrees. The newer versions have an extra lug where a security padlock can be fitted.
I can't comment re McHitch. They certainly look the goods and seem to have a few advantages over other hitches. This should be an interesting thread. cheers for 2011.
AnswerID: 581782

Reply By: Titans - Wednesday, Jan 12, 2011 at 06:42

Wednesday, Jan 12, 2011 at 06:42
We used to have the AT 35 hitch which we hate with a passion. We changed to the DO 35 half way through last year - it saved our sanity. We have only ever had one problem with it - the very first time we used it 'someone' forgot to take the rubber dust protector off it and it would not fit. Tried for ages....

I shoud imagine with a camera you could do easily - but we don;t have one - we have always used the 2 way radio to talk to each other. one day we'll get a camera.

Lola & Wayne
AnswerID: 581783

Reply By: But n ben - Wednesday, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:16

Wednesday, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:16
Hi Jay, I purchased the 3.5T McHitch just before a 5000km round trip. This replaced the BT fitted AT35.
Unhitching the AT was always the biggest problem, especially on irregular ground. No such problem with the McHitch.
After sales service, from Joe McGinnes, was also exceptional. I had to return the Chrome plated Screw Knob due to corrosion. It was replaced with a modified Anodized unit, and he also sent me a 'Box' spanner to remove the old unit, which he wanted returned.
Kedron are fitting a McHitch to all their new Vans, and at the moment, it is the 6.0T unit being used,as the 4.5T production line is not up to speed yet.
The main body is a sealed unit, and therefore, there is only one universal joint grease nipple to service. This makes the whole unit clean and grease free.
AnswerID: 581784

Our Sponsors