Crocs - footwear not reptilian

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 08, 2011 at 01:15
ThreadID: 127199 Views:8026 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Well after much persuasion from some of our friends and other travellers we have succumbed.

First we tried the under $10 ones from the cheap shops. The strap on one clog broke quite early, but even without the strap they were a hit if very awkward to wear without the strap for the owner of the masculine pair.
The cheap ones were a good way to trial these "ugly" shoes...

The "real" crocs fit better and Colin can even wear them without using the heel strap for ease of use when going in and out the door of the van - he has not ever been able to comfortably keep slip-on sandals on his feet and still every now and then looks with amazement at his feet comfortably ensconced.

So our assessment of this strange looking footwear is - ignore the look and go for comfort.

LJW
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Scowndrels - Tuesday, Feb 08, 2011 at 03:05

Tuesday, Feb 08, 2011 at 03:05
We are also converts, Have a look at the amazing range, you don't have to be stuck with the heavy clog look which I loathe.

http://www.crocsaustralia.com.au/home/homepage,en_AU,pg.html?adid=google_ppc_brand_brand&gclid=CKrpl-yv9aYCFQvTbgoddAHsHA
AnswerID: 581999

Reply By: Theywent Thataway - Tuesday, Feb 08, 2011 at 16:44

Tuesday, Feb 08, 2011 at 16:44
I call them "Baby Shoes".. Hated them until this past weekend when I actually tried a pair of $15 ones from Blayney IGA. To my utter amazement my feet stopped hurting (which they have done for nearly a year - spurs, plantar fasciitis etc etc) almost instantly! Have had pain in my heels/across top of feet on getting up out of bed for ages - slipped in to these the past few mornings and VOILA!. Not sore in the morning anymore.

BUT thery are SOOOOOOOOOOOO ugly. Although mine are brown so not unbearably ugly.

Maz.
the scruB ark...on The Way

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Fiamma Carry Bike for sale

AnswerID: 582000

Follow Up By: CD & JW - Tuesday, Feb 08, 2011 at 19:21

Tuesday, Feb 08, 2011 at 19:21
I guess like all of these "plasticy" shoes we will need to be aware of not slipping on wet surfaces.

And don't leave them unattended in the sun or they will need the special treatment recommended to resize them LOL.

From another forum
"Crocs inside a hot car all day. They shrank by around 3 sizes. Thought they were someone elses. Had us confused for a while. Googled it & found a solution. Place Crocs into boiling water for around a minute. Remove & immediately put onto feet, wearing thick socks, & let them cool. This will bring them back to their original size. It works."
Description of how to unshrink Crocs

Microwaving not recommended.... REALLY!!!! LOL LOL LOL
FollowupID: 853301

Reply By: CD & JW - Tuesday, Feb 08, 2011 at 19:25

Tuesday, Feb 08, 2011 at 19:25
On re-reading the link in my followup to Maz I see that they can also shrink if you WASH THEM IN THE DISHWASHER?????!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm ROFL
AnswerID: 582001

Reply By: Tassie Bushies - Thursday, Feb 10, 2011 at 09:01

Thursday, Feb 10, 2011 at 09:01
BEWARE
VERY VERY - SLIPPERY ON A WET SMOOTH FLOOR.
But O so cumfy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards Peter.

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 582002

Reply By: Willie - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2011 at 01:24

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2011 at 01:24
I went canyoning in them. The Crocs had remarkable grip on the wet rocks, but the soles of my feet kept slipping around inside them.

Grippy on the outside, slippery on the inside. Odd.

I have some VERY SEXY, bright red, hvy duty ones.

Willie.
AnswerID: 582003

Follow Up By: Turist - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2011 at 02:01

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2011 at 02:01
Lend 'em to Mick.
They'd go good with his skirt. :-)

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 853302

Our Sponsors