for rent

Submitted: Friday, Feb 18, 2011 at 09:48
ThreadID: 127220 Views:3536 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Everyone,
I am a doctor in Cairns, and want to travel for 2-3 months in the second half of 2012 to western australia. Rather than buy a bushtracker straight away, I would like to rent one for this period. The requirements are for my wife and I and my 4 yo son. I would like austar,computer access and all the frills and whistles.
If anybody can accomodate, please reply. Please give details of size and extras and costing. I am happy to call and discuss. Only fair dinkum responses please
Dr. Dragi Simjanoski
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Saturday, Feb 19, 2011 at 10:01

Saturday, Feb 19, 2011 at 10:01
Hi Dragi

I see you have had no replies. Offers to rent vans previously have always been met with a 'no way would i let someone rent my van' due to the cost and waiting time to get a BT. An alternative (providing funds are readily available for a quick purchase) would be to purchase on the second hand market and resell - not likely to make a loss doing this. Lots of second hands ones come up on the market now, but you have to be quick as they are usually sold quickly. Do you have a suitable tow vehicle?


Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 582057

Follow Up By: Quicksilver - Saturday, Feb 19, 2011 at 19:41

Saturday, Feb 19, 2011 at 19:41
Hi Dragi,

Agree completely with Motherhens' advise. In addition the insurance held by owners does not allow for rental.

Quicksilver - Breakin Loose

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 853326

Our Sponsors