Travel blog

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 01, 2011 at 22:19
ThreadID: 127240 Views:8431 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi folks, I'm on a 12 month journey around Oz with my family, having left Melbourne in January and now being just north of Esperance having completed a crossing of the Nullarbor yesterday. I'm a complete newbie to the world of caravanning with this being my first trip ever towing a caravan of any sort and pretty much learning as we go. I have a little 4WD experience, but not a whole lot. Now towing a 21' Bushtracker with a 2006 100 series cruiser. I know that many of you have undertaken much more adventurous trips across the rougher tracks through Oz but I thought you may be interested in my travel blog of tales on the journey. While so far we have been pretty conservative in where we have gone, that is due to my inexperience and also because I need to somehow keep my international IT business during the course of this trip, dealing over the internet (Telstra and ANT internet satellite system) with customers through Asia-Pacific and occasionally needing to leave my family somehwere to jet off to the US or Japan or somewhere. Oh yeah, and my wife is 23 weeks pregnant. Baby due some time around the end of June when we expect to be in Broome. I'm optimistically hoping that by the end of August we'll be able to put the 2 month old baby in the back of the cruiser with the older children (ages 10 and 9), who are being home schooled for the year, and head off through the Kimberley and hopefully down the Gibb River Road. But it's all up in the air. We'll see how we go. I'm sure to be seeking your advice on occasions over the coming year. Hopefully you'll enjoy a bit of a read of my blog. Anyway... if you're interested, you'll find my blog here.Making It Up As I Go Along

Cheers,
Mr Sweedy, of the Good Ship Utopia
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gone Bush - Wednesday, Mar 02, 2011 at 00:02

Wednesday, Mar 02, 2011 at 00:02
Looks like a nice Blog. I'll have a thorough look over the next few days.

Here's mine:

GB in a BT

If you're going past Denmark next week you'll see a whole lot of BTs.

Check the Muster page on this site.

AnswerID: 582112

Follow Up By: Mr Sweedy - Wednesday, Mar 02, 2011 at 04:44

Wednesday, Mar 02, 2011 at 04:44
Hi Stephen. Great photos on yours. Did you take them?

We will definitely be going to Denmark but not sure if we'll still be there by the time of the muster. I'll check the dates. I hope so. I'd love to see the setups that other people have and ask a few questions about my own. We have to be in Margaret River for around the 7th or 8th though to meet up with my mother who's flying over from Melbourne. So not sure that it'll work out.

Cheers,
Greg
FollowupID: 853343

Reply By: Luvntravln - Thursday, Mar 03, 2011 at 05:26

Thursday, Mar 03, 2011 at 05:26
Mr. Spy, your blog is quite cool, as is you motto: The way in which I think is the reality in which I live. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone realized that their realities are simply their perceptions.

Look forward to following your adventure; safe travels.
AnswerID: 582113

Follow Up By: Mr Sweedy - Friday, Mar 04, 2011 at 23:38

Friday, Mar 04, 2011 at 23:38
Hi Mr LuvnTravln. I luv a bit the travln myself.

It's sometimes difficult to peel off the layers and remember that we can all make our own choices. I have to sometimes remind myself of that too. There's always a lot of people and institutions trying to tell you that you need to conform to something or other.

The naturist way sounds fun. Spent a few Christmases/Easters up at the confest, which I expect by the sound of it, you may have also.

Where are you now? Looks from your blog like you get around. I haven't been to South America yet.
FollowupID: 853344

Follow Up By: Luvntravln - Saturday, Mar 05, 2011 at 05:52

Saturday, Mar 05, 2011 at 05:52
Yup, we did Confest once and definitely "peeled the layers"! :)
FollowupID: 853345

Our Sponsors