Suspension upgrade 200 series Toyota Landcruiser

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 09, 2011 at 17:57
ThreadID: 127252 Views:3247 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
We are taking delivery of our 20ft BT in May which will pull with a new GXL 200 series Lansdcruiser. We have read all sorts of information and recommendations on supsension upgrades but are uncertain about the benefits of this. We were looking at fitting the 200kg ARB after-market kit. Is this worthwhile or not? Any advice or comment from members would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Warwick and Vicki
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Spydor - Wednesday, Mar 09, 2011 at 20:23

Wednesday, Mar 09, 2011 at 20:23
Hi Warwick &Vicki. we have a 200 gxl with factory kinetic suspension. within the first week of taking delivery we changed to the arb suspension 50ml lift in the front and 20 ml lift in the rear this has the effect of "levelling" the vehicle. also to accomodate bigger tyres. we have the 400kg rear springs as the vehicle has rear rollout drawers and a long range fuel tank {total 275 litres} our 18ft bushtracker fully loaded tows well with very little "bounce" over undulating roads. best investment yet. the original suspension was far to soft. hope this helps in your decision making .
cheers Spydor & Robyn
Spydor
Everybody makes me happy! Some when they arrive, Some when they leave !!

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 582152

Reply By: Willie - Wednesday, Mar 09, 2011 at 20:48

Wednesday, Mar 09, 2011 at 20:48
I have a 200 with KDS suspension. I got heavy duty ARB springs fitted at the rear as well as air bags. I am very happy with the set-up.

I tow a 16' BT.

Putting weight on the rear supension, I have a Kaymar steel rear bumper, steel shelves,100 litres of water, 280 litres of fuel in long range tanks, and lots of "essential gear".

Willie.
AnswerID: 582153

Our Sponsors