Gold prospecting in Western Australia

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 31, 2011 at 22:07
ThreadID: 127295 Views:6966 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Good morning all. great site and some excellent information provided. Sally and I have just purchased a 20' BT. We have just arrived back in to Western Australia without any problems being experienced.
Now back we would like to go prospecting and would like to know whether there are any other like minded people who would like to join with us?
I am only new to prospecting and my wife Sally has never waved the magic stick. Please contact us should you be interested. Tel. mob. 0448840450.
Enjoy the day. John and Sally
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Windrider - Saturday, Apr 02, 2011 at 01:49

Saturday, Apr 02, 2011 at 01:49
Hi John and Sally,

Also new to prospecting having only waved a stick once or twice.
Please keep me posted on your travels etc - Would love to join you but rain in Qld and grandkids put a damper on current travels plans.

Cheers
John.
AnswerID: 582276

Reply By: Uncle Dodgy - Saturday, Apr 02, 2011 at 03:46

Saturday, Apr 02, 2011 at 03:46
Hi there
I also have a seldom used "magic stick" and when time permits and we can resume our travels, I hope to do a bit.
We live in Far North Queensland, and at the moment are grounded by responsabilities toward an aged rellie.
I would like to see further posts on this subject, and proposed get togethers, but would venture to suggest that they would be better placed in the "Owners" forum.
We enjoy the company of other like minded travellers and happy hours, and eagerly await the time when we can resume..
Keep in touch
John
John & Sharyn
Takin' the long way home - Towing a Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Nissan Patrol 6X4 tow vehicle for 19ft Bushtracker., 19 Ft Queen Island Full Off Road Bushtracker.

AnswerID: 582277

Follow Up By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Sunday, Apr 03, 2011 at 19:05

Sunday, Apr 03, 2011 at 19:05
I second that re - putting these posts into the owners forum.

You guys are in the best State for chasing the yellow. My old stamping ground is up in the Kimberley where for 25 years since the days of the Garrett Groundhog I have prospected with some success getting my share and more ..

I will not put any more specific info on this open forum. Feel feel to email me

Cheers John
FollowupID: 853449

Reply By: Willie - Sunday, Apr 10, 2011 at 03:31

Sunday, Apr 10, 2011 at 03:31
You don't need to go to WA to find gold. I was down around Bendigo for 10 days last month and found 82 small nuggets.

I go to WA every winter with my BT and join tagalong tours run by Gold Prospecting Australia. I did ten days with them last year at Leonora and had a great time.

To late for you this winter though, as all their WA tours are booked out. They also do a lot of teaching / detecting around Bendigo in the Autumn and Spring and a bit in the Summer if it's not too hot.

John and Sally, perhaps you should join one of these detecting chat sites to find out what goes on :

http://golddetecting.4umer.net/
http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/
http://www.gold-prospecting-wa.com/

Good luck,

Willie (Jigalong)
AnswerID: 582278

Reply By: John & Sally - Monday, Jun 06, 2011 at 09:07

Monday, Jun 06, 2011 at 09:07
Hello to you all again,

Sally and I with dog Bella have been out to Kookynie in W.A. and surrounding areas.
We have found 20 grms with the 4500 metal detector and having great fun.
Just arrived into Mt Magnet tonight so will see what we can find here.
Its a great time seeing one of the little rocks glittering yellow.
Thanks again for all your posts and advise.
Kind regards
John Sally and Bella
AnswerID: 582279

Follow Up By: NIK `N` OFF - Thursday, Jun 09, 2011 at 07:23

Thursday, Jun 09, 2011 at 07:23
Congrats!! we 'plan' on doing some detecting through the golden triangle of WA once we can drag ourselves away from paradise Ningaloo.
FollowupID: 853450

Our Sponsors