100 series LC centre diff lock

Submitted: Monday, Apr 11, 2011 at 18:55
ThreadID: 127318 Views:2941 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Cant find it!!!,
some time ago there was a post on the modification to the control box (under the dash), to isolate the control of the centre diff from the transfer case only allowing activation by the dashboard button.
I altered ours 2-3 years ago (in preference to unplugging the connection at the back of the transfer case), and need the information to pass onto a freind but cant find the "Post",
Can any one help ?????,
Cheers Tony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Boystoy - Monday, Apr 11, 2011 at 21:41

Monday, Apr 11, 2011 at 21:41
Hi Tony,

There is a copy in the BOG Bible under "Tow Vehicles" tab 'LC100 Centre DIff Lock pin 7 mod'

Details below. I installed the mod on my TOJO 100TD a couple of years ago. Works well, but you need to remember that you have fitted it. Forgot on a steep sand dune in WA in 2009---oops! without the centre diff lock TOJO doesn't slow down as it should.
The mod is relatively easy to do once you get access, which is a 'B'.

Tried to load off the BOG Bible, but the necessary photos don't come out, sorry.

Neil

A Bushtracker (or BT) is a "Boys Toy"

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 582346

Follow Up By: Sundy & Cyclone - Monday, Apr 11, 2011 at 22:57

Monday, Apr 11, 2011 at 22:57
That's the one, many thanks Neil.
Cheers Tony

P.S. had a similar embarrassing moment with soft sand last year in the West but have been trying to forget it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FollowupID: 853488

Reply By: Tellem Bugrem - Saturday, Apr 16, 2011 at 03:24

Saturday, Apr 16, 2011 at 03:24
G'day Tony,

It's really much easier to unplug the wire on top of the transfer case. With the gearbox in high range and the diff-lock button in the OFF position, change to low range and the diff lock light will come ON. The light will go off when you disconnect the wire. Now when you push the diff lock button in, the diff lock will be engaged and the light will come ON. Just as it does with High Range.

Sit Judy in the drivers seat so she can tell you when the light goes off. That way you'll know that you have disconnected the correct wire.

Good luck.........Rob.
AnswerID: 582347

Follow Up By: Sundy & Cyclone - Saturday, Apr 16, 2011 at 17:30

Saturday, Apr 16, 2011 at 17:30
Hi thanks for that and I can see your point, I actually modified our LC about 3 years ago, but wanted the information to pass onto a friend and yes it would be easier to "pull the plug" but we decided to go down the "under the dash" road for a couple of reasons.
Firstly there was the chance (granted a remote one given the thoroughness of some service people), that it would be re connected thinking they were doing the right thing and secondly, you should really seal the plug & socket so that it's clean for future possible use.
Also, it only takes about 20 - 30 minutes for the "under dash" method and it just as easily reversible.
Anyway, thanks again for the reply,
Cheers Tony
FollowupID: 853489

Follow Up By: Theywent Thataway - Saturday, Apr 16, 2011 at 18:34

Saturday, Apr 16, 2011 at 18:34
We sealed them with dummy ones from a wrecker (or spare parts shop?).

M.
the scruB ark...on The Way

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Fiamma Carry Bike for sale

FollowupID: 853490

Our Sponsors