Cross slide complete side to side?

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 05, 2011 at 20:49
ThreadID: 127407 Views:3041 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I heard about a slide in a BT that has been (home?) manufactured that works right across the cargo bay in the front. I have been searching for references to slides, but has anyone any pointers please, or photos to what ideas may be available. I actually heard about it at the factory.

The cross slide may have boxes on one side and a generator on the other and accessible really only one side at the time. I have some ideas but it would be interesting to add to someone else's ideas if they can provide them please.

Our BT will be manufactured later in the year so of course don't have many of the dimensions to see where to start but can get the alloy channels and frames welded. We will have Extra Large cargo doors to make it easy.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gone Bush - Sunday, Jun 05, 2011 at 21:46

Sunday, Jun 05, 2011 at 21:46
John, one thing to remember with an island bed and XL cargo door:

the bedside drawer fouls the cargo door entry/exit when the drawer is closed.

Image Could Not Be Found

You need to keep this in mind when designing your slideout. Or get the drawers made shallower.

AnswerID: 582571

Follow Up By: grumpyolephartz - Sunday, Jun 05, 2011 at 23:22

Sunday, Jun 05, 2011 at 23:22
Thanks Stephen, we will have hanging space above and the door access to the storage so will be giving more thought as to how we have it. I had seen pictures of the timber along the top, but hadn't realised it was a drawer there. I don't think we have one in our plans. Heaps more storage than we currently have.

Cheers
John
FollowupID: 853593

Reply By: Turist - Sunday, Jun 05, 2011 at 22:52

Sunday, Jun 05, 2011 at 22:52
Check the owners page, there are some pics there for you.
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 582572

Follow Up By: grumpyolephartz - Sunday, Jun 05, 2011 at 23:17

Sunday, Jun 05, 2011 at 23:17
Thanks Bob, I made a mistake in where I was posting it.
FollowupID: 853594

Our Sponsors