LAKEFIELD NATIONAL PARK

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 23, 2011 at 19:48
ThreadID: 127440 Views:2679 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
HI all. Anyone been in Lakefield National Park with a bushtracker,information on conditions would be appreciated.

Thanks Denis.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Geoff & Vickie - Thursday, Jun 23, 2011 at 20:24

Thursday, Jun 23, 2011 at 20:24
Hi Denis we went that way August last year on the way to the cape well worth the detour good camp sites and great bird life and I was told good fishing . The roads were all so good, just slow on some side tracks and crossings.,
have a great trip Geoff.
AnswerID: 582643

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Jun 24, 2011 at 02:18

Friday, Jun 24, 2011 at 02:18
The place is aptly named. The first night camp was on our own at Catfish Camp. I walked the track to see if the BT would fit and it did after a bit of pruning. Managed to get to the end. Croc beware signage was evident.
While walking in I managed to observe a freshy munching on a waterhen. A rare sight indeed. I was only a couple of metres from him.
When talking to the rangers later they said a big salty lives there but he has not caused any problems so they leave him alone. Probably is well satisfied with an amply supply of catfish.
Lots of campsites through the park. We spent two three nights there on our way to the tip after the Herberton muster.
On the way back we headed west at Musgrave? which eventually gets on to the Bourke Development road then west to Karumba.
We camped a night on a large lagoon adjacent to the Mitchell. I pumped some water on board and next morning a ute pulled up and they said a HUGE salty lived in the lagoon and been seen taking cattle.

All in all one of our more interesting trips.

Oh I must mention.....
Pulled up for a pit stop and noticed a hot wheel on the BT so we decided to camp the night about 100m off the road. So I set things up, sat dish and all that while the wheel cooled a bit.
It was a hot day so I stripped off into the birthday suit and got stuck into the wheel with the missus as an observer. Now suddenly she started giggling which is not uncommon and bugger me two blokes walked around the back on the van and they started giggling......caught literally with the pants down.
Me having the hearing capability of a fence post had not heard them pull up.
They had camping trailer spring problems.
AnswerID: 582644

Our Sponsors