Only BT's

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 16, 2011 at 06:03
ThreadID: 127490 Views:3872 Replies:7 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
As an ex BT owner, I am thinking of buying a Free Spirit Van Made by ex BT employee, so my question is, if I go down this track will I be able to join your group? as most of you know me from the other BT forum, or are you only for BT's.
The only main swaying point for me to buy a BT again is the name and the people that own them I've met,but the weight factor has got me, and the obvious?????.Al.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Runt Of The Litter - Saturday, Jul 16, 2011 at 06:05

Saturday, Jul 16, 2011 at 06:05
Name was changed to Free Range Kids then to AJ and LJ on other forum.Been a while since I've been on this one!!.
AnswerID: 582806

Reply By: focs18 - Saturday, Jul 16, 2011 at 19:11

Saturday, Jul 16, 2011 at 19:11
Hi Alan and Linda

Membership to the BOG "is limited to those persons who either own or have owned a Bushtracker Caravan or other Bushtracker vehicle, or have ordered and placed a deposit with the Bushtracker group of companies".

If you have forgotten your BOG membership number and/or password send an email to membership@bushtrackerownersgroup.asn.au and a Committee member will get back to you.
The Annual Membership fee is $50 and this can be paid via PayPal, a Direct Deposit into the BOG account or your cheque sent to P O Box 563, Mt Martha Victoria 3924.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Pam
Treasurer
Living Life to the Fullest in a BT
Membership Registrar - Pam

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 582807

Reply By: Runt Of The Litter - Sunday, Jul 17, 2011 at 09:54

Sunday, Jul 17, 2011 at 09:54
test
AnswerID: 582808

Follow Up By: Runt Of The Litter - Sunday, Jul 17, 2011 at 10:40

Sunday, Jul 17, 2011 at 10:40
So, I take it that although I had an $130k Bt that took 18 months to get and am now maybe going for a rival competitor in free spirit,And no longer own a BT. I "CAN " be a finanacial member, and treated as such.As is my conclutions are they are the closest rivals to BT and may be better But don't know untill somone tries A.
I am still in verbal stage of "getting it right" so to speak,but at least I am not on 3 in a 4 star system of refund and refusal as I was in BT management,.I feel that writing this on this site will get the man in a whirl and bar me from his site now anyway,as he watches all the time. Or give me a van at a realistic price to shut me up.Ha Ha ,,Al .

FollowupID: 853704

Reply By: kenmarg - Sunday, Jul 17, 2011 at 21:17

Sunday, Jul 17, 2011 at 21:17
hi alan and linda. i would have thought,that the "Bushtracker Owners Group" would be,for "owners" of these caravans. by the remarks in your two posts,you seem to have a axe to grind with steve at bt. and i dont think you should use our forum to air your grievances,as this just leaves bad feelings between the BOG and bushtracker. regards. ken and margaret brown.
AnswerID: 582809

Follow Up By: Turist - Sunday, Jul 17, 2011 at 21:20

Sunday, Jul 17, 2011 at 21:20
We must have been typing at the same time Ken.

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 853705

Reply By: Turist - Sunday, Jul 17, 2011 at 21:19

Sunday, Jul 17, 2011 at 21:19
The BOG is totally independent from BT International and has been set up for owners to swap ideas, suggestions for improvement and other closely related subjects.
We also welcome non owner visitors to our site so that they may also benefit from some of the knowledge placed on the open forum.

Although our constitution permits persons ….."who have owned a Bushtracker"….. to join or remain as full financial members I would point out that it has not been set up as a tool to vent personal vendettas against BT International. (or others for that matter)

I am sure that most members will be interested in your choice of van and you are welcome to advise us of the reasons for your choice, but on the owners forum please.
Our web site is not an advertising or promotion venue for other van manufacturers.

Prior to joining, if you still wish to do so, please take note of our terms of use, we expect all members to comply with them.

A question I have is why do you wish to join this group as you will have a competitor van?

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

AnswerID: 582810

Follow Up By: Runt Of The Litter - Tuesday, Jul 19, 2011 at 03:49

Tuesday, Jul 19, 2011 at 03:49
Bob, easy answer, and that being the great bunch or people aready met on the road owning the BT and also their experiences shared on off road locations, and I want to see if another van can keep up with the BT's, so will be a trial thing i guess.

To the other,s yes I have had a few hang-ups with BT but nothing serious so sorry if I offended you and will think a bit more carefully before I write next time. Thanks for taking the time to answer my post. A.
FollowupID: 853706

Reply By: Tracks n About - Wednesday, Jul 20, 2011 at 16:40

Wednesday, Jul 20, 2011 at 16:40
G'Day Alan & Linda,
If you do decide to run with the Free Spirit,I for one will be interested to hear what you think of them. We're very happy with our BT,but as you say the weight is a concern. Every trip I try to lighten the load,but when I need to fill all 5 of our tanks we always finish up over weight. This I'm told,whenever there's a problem,could be one of the reasons.
As for creating bad feeling between the BT factory and our forum. Surely we all know what some people at the factory think of BOG and our sponsors. If I mention our group,I get cut very short.

AnswerID: 582811

Follow Up By: Runt Of The Litter - Thursday, Jul 21, 2011 at 03:12

Thursday, Jul 21, 2011 at 03:12
Yes, Tracks, I will do, as will join forum if puchaced, but I must say 5 tanks full is about 1/2 tonne or more with fitting etc.but I get your drift. Al.
FollowupID: 853707

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Jul 21, 2011 at 04:23

Thursday, Jul 21, 2011 at 04:23
Alan & Linda,

I wish to clarify a point with you about the membership criteria for joining the BOG as a Financial Member.

Membership originally was restricted to those people who own or who have placed an order with BTi to purchase a Bushtracker caravan.

This was later amended to allow FINANCIAL members who had sold their Bushtracker to remain financial members of the club so that they could keep in contact with the friends that they had made and also continue to be able contribute to the club on the private forum.

In your case I have checked the club records and saw that you joined as a non financial member on 27th July 2008. There are no details of any Bushtracker caravan ownership under your record which is always there when a financial member has completed the application form and been accepted as a member.

I have not been able to find any records where you have submitted an application for membership or paid a membership fee to be a financial member of the BOG.

If you were not a financial member at the time of owning a Bushtracker Caravan then I am afraid that under the clubs constitution you will NOT be able to join as a financial member now that you no longer own the Bushtracker Caravan.

If you were in fact a financial member while you owned the Bushtracker could you please forward details to membership@bushtrackerownersgroup.asn.au

Brian Fox
BOG Secretary
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

AnswerID: 582812

Follow Up By: Runt Of The Litter - Friday, Jul 22, 2011 at 04:12

Friday, Jul 22, 2011 at 04:12
That is a shame, but thankyou for clearing this matter up.But please concider the membership expantion and donations you could give, and a wider view of information, if you would branch out to maybe off road vans in general ( caravans only maybe). Maybe more people will buy BT's Too?. Anyway such is life and thankyou for having me allbeit briefly,(unless of course you put this idea to a vote with your BT members)????. Thanks Al.
FollowupID: 853708

Follow Up By: Uncle Dodgy - Saturday, Jul 23, 2011 at 05:35

Saturday, Jul 23, 2011 at 05:35
Alan & Linda
As I understand it, you are still able to communicate with eth BOG and BOGers via the open forum as you have done in the past, just not as a Financial Owner Member.
Cheers
John
John & Sharyn
Takin' the long way home - Towing a Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Nissan Patrol 6X4 tow vehicle for 19ft Bushtracker., 19 Ft Queen Island Full Off Road Bushtracker.

FollowupID: 853709

Our Sponsors