Quorn Muster

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 20, 2011 at 04:23
ThreadID: 127626 Views:3212 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,
We are based in Adelaide, it has been great to see Bushtrackers cruising though Adelaide streets on the way to the Quorn muster. Safe traveling we will catch up with everyone later in the week.
Cheers,
Deb and Trevor
Debandtrevstravels.blogspot.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Sep 20, 2011 at 08:21

Tuesday, Sep 20, 2011 at 08:21
After having the caravan suspension checked and serviced on Friday 9th Sept in Warwick we travelled to Melbourne for family reasons and today after battling strong head winds pulled into Adelaide Shores Big 4 Park at West Beach intending to spend 1 night here and visit more relatives.
Murphy was in hiding waiting for us and as I turned to park on site the rear right wheel fell off with a loud bang as the stub axle snapped.
On inspection it has had a hair line crack both top and bottom for a long time and the central strip about 12mm wide was all that was holding it there.

I jacked up the broken end and packed timber to stop the suspension on the wheel end from going up so that I was able to park using the 3 wheels. I think that I have all the required tools to change the suspension arm over.

Richard at Simplicity was contacted at 2.15pm Melbourne time and he has had the parts picked up from TNT and they will be in Adelaide in 1 to 2 days, so my arrival at Quorn has been a little delayed.
Van Has done 186,000km so I have ordered another suspension arm for the right front that will be fitted while at Quorn.

Could have been worse, it could have happened somewhere that towing would be required.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 583139

Our Sponsors