Duncan Road, Kimberley WA

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 27, 2011 at 20:57
ThreadID: 127641 Views:5923 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Thanks to some helpful advice to various members we took our BT up the Duncan Road from Halls Creek to Kununurra. The conditions of the road were fine, albeit a bit corrugated in the first section, and the places to stop in the first 50km from Halls Creek were beautiful. We were alone in all of them and it really is a beautiful part of the Kimberley. We did have a bit of mishap at Marella Gorge, but suspect that was my fault rather than anything else. And then a bit of drama that followed. If you're interested in the full story and a few pics, check out my blog http://gregswedosh.blogspot.com/2011/09/up-duncan.html.
Cheers, Greg
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Hob - Tuesday, Sep 27, 2011 at 22:27

Tuesday, Sep 27, 2011 at 22:27
An interesting read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did the duncan in July north south. When we got to Marella Gorge, the mate's car had a flat and I had a flat on the van. Both were fixed quickly on the vehicles with a plug kit. Maybe something strange about the gorge????

We camped on the flat rock close to entrance and walked down to the gorge. Great place. We never saw any crocs.

Sawpit gorge and Palm springs are great places.

Trust all is now well with your family and no more fainting spells.

Alan
AnswerID: 583172

Follow Up By: Mr Sweedy - Wednesday, Sep 28, 2011 at 06:22

Wednesday, Sep 28, 2011 at 06:22
Thanks Alan. Yeah everyone is good now. Though the weather here in Kununurra now is very very hot. 38 degrees today and about 70% humidity. I think we'll start the descent soouthward on the weekend.
Cheers,
Greg
FollowupID: 853895

Our Sponsors