Pictures of my motorbike rack as promised (10 months ago !)

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 11, 2011 at 03:38
ThreadID: 127672 Views:3049 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
BETTER LATE THAN NEVER !

Sent:12 Dec 2010 15:18
Subject:RE: Sorry to bother you

G'day Tim,

Next week, I am putting the bike carrier on my drawer bar. I bought my postie bike (CT-110) with the low range and I have passed my licence test - just !
Email me at jigalongjigalongATgmail.com and when I have finished, I will email you some photos and details about where to get the bike carrier.
Happy Christmas,
Willie.

Image Could Not Be Found

My name is Tim & I presently reside overseas. Last month we went to Australia and ordered our new Bushtracker.
>
> I want to mount a small motorcycle to the front of the draw bar of our caravan when we get it and noticed that you had a forum topic running where you intended doing the same.
>
> I was hoping to pick your brains a little bit and see if you went ahead with that. If you did, how did you manage to tie the motorcycle down to stop it from moving when you are towing the van.
>
> I saw a picture that Member Johns posted in your forum topic but I couldnt really see what was going on for tie down in that picture.
>
> Anyway, have you got any advice about this & again sorry for contacting you this way, Im along way from Australia and am sitting here pondering how I am going to get everything done.
>
> Kind Regards
> Tim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Freddy - Wednesday, Oct 12, 2011 at 03:39

Wednesday, Oct 12, 2011 at 03:39
Thanks Willie,

Thanks for the picture, job looks great.. I amafraid that I am not going down this route anymore due to tow ball weight issues. I wish there was a road registrable bike that weighed about 60 or 80 kg but everything I've seen is around the 120kg mark.

:-(
AnswerID: 583217

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Wednesday, Oct 12, 2011 at 19:12

Wednesday, Oct 12, 2011 at 19:12
One of the best 'prospecting bikes' I have seen (many years ago) consisted of a 50/70cc Honda motor driving smaller than normal motorbike wheels - but very fat ones. The well padded seat was on just mounted on a vertical pipe as were the handlebars. I don't think it was homemade but it had all the attributes of a mountain goat in action.

Being a part time prospector I have always kept my eye open but never seen anything similiar since then.

John
AnswerID: 583218

Our Sponsors