Parts for Dometic Caprice Stoves

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 01, 2011 at 04:01
ThreadID: 127702 Views:2709 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am looking for some parts for our Caprice Stove. I know a few members have updated the Caprice to the Swift Stove, and I am wondering if the old Caprice is still under the verandah waiting for the next council clean-up.

I am looking for an oven shelf, & if still in one piece, the stainless steel top (under the gas burners).

You probably wonder why I need parts as most just replace. A couple of years ago, I decided to remove and completely overhaul the stove. This included replacing every self-tapping screw with M5 stainless steel screws & nylock nuts. I also made the gas jets work according to the requirements of the cook, and insulated all around the oven with 25mm insulwool coated on each side with aluminium foil. The original glass top has been replaced with a 2mm stainless steel top that I had made up at the local sheet metal shop (friend of mine). .Overall SWMBO is happy with the stove, & doesn't want to replace it.

I need the extra shelf for some cooking requirements (don't know which ones, I just enjoy the results). The stainless steel top is just cosmetic. Our original one split when the stove collapsed on corrugations when the self tappers fell out. I have had it welded, & looks reasonable, but an un-split one would look better.

Hope someone out there can help.

Neil
A Bushtracker (or BT) is a "Boys Toy"

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Luvntravln - Tuesday, Nov 01, 2011 at 04:21

Tuesday, Nov 01, 2011 at 04:21
Hi Neil, I can't help you with the stove; however, I did just finish painting the 150mm x 2m tubes for the sullage hoses lengths as you have done. I also have upgraded the sullage hose from 25m ID to 32m ID with grey water hose from Bunnings. The hose has an OD of 34 and Bunnings have rubber connectors both 34x34 to connect pieces of the larger hose together without any loss of flow, and also 34x25 to connect into the BT system.

Good luck with your hunt; thanks for the sullage hose storage suggestion.
AnswerID: 583316

Follow Up By: Boystoy - Wednesday, Nov 02, 2011 at 00:54

Wednesday, Nov 02, 2011 at 00:54
Hi Jay,

Thanks for the suggestion on larger sullage hoses, will check Bunnings soon.
Also recently picked up from David Jones the fry pans without handles. Great idea & they work well.

Neil
A Bushtracker (or BT) is a "Boys Toy"

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 853978

Reply By: Luvntravln - Wednesday, Nov 02, 2011 at 02:09

Wednesday, Nov 02, 2011 at 02:09
Hi, the hose in MIA - made in Australia by PPI - called grey sullage hose. The Bunnings where I am only had the 25x34 connectors. They special ordered the 34x34 connectors and now stock them too. 20m of hose was $30 and the 10 connectors was $23.80.
AnswerID: 583317

Our Sponsors