BT Factory entertainment system installer options

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 01, 2011 at 08:24
ThreadID: 127704 Views:7148 Replies:7 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, My wife and I are complete Bushtracker newbies and are in the final stages of selecting the fitout of our new BT. When we did the factory tour we heard there was more than one company doing entertainment system installations in the BT factory. Does anyone have the contact details of these installers?

Looking forward to the Bushtracker lifestyle.

Andy & Liz
"Wherever I Lay My Hat, that's My Home"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Tuesday, Nov 01, 2011 at 18:55

Tuesday, Nov 01, 2011 at 18:55
As far as I know Sound in Motion are the only people who have an installer on site.... unless something has changed. I have always had excellent service from them.

John
AnswerID: 583322

Reply By: ~Rover - Tuesday, Nov 01, 2011 at 19:14

Tuesday, Nov 01, 2011 at 19:14
Thanks John,
BT did tell us about Sound in Motion but we'd just like to see what other options are available.

Regards to you and Grumpy.
Andy & Liz

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 583323

Reply By: Pixellator - Tuesday, Nov 01, 2011 at 20:29

Tuesday, Nov 01, 2011 at 20:29
Daniel Luscombe, who many of we older BT owners will remember, was previously the 'man on the ground' at the BT factory for Sound in Motion.

He has now branched out on his own, operating as Leisuretainment. He still has operating rights at the factory, and many owners whose installations he did request that he do their maintenance. I understand that he is available to do the installations on new vans.

His contacts are:
info@leisuretainment.com.au
0439 777 958

We have always been happy with his service, thoroughness and familiarity with BT systems.

Best of luck with your new BT.
Bob
AnswerID: 583324

Follow Up By: ~Rover - Tuesday, Nov 01, 2011 at 21:08

Tuesday, Nov 01, 2011 at 21:08
Thanks Bob, much appreciated.
Andy

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 853993

Follow Up By: grumpyolephartz - Sunday, Nov 13, 2011 at 19:37

Sunday, Nov 13, 2011 at 19:37
Daniel Luscombe did our Fusion based system, complete with VAST satellite. A very personable young man who apparently is kept busy by personal recommendation. His attention to detail is really great and is thorough as Bob says above.
FollowupID: 853994

Reply By: Gone Bush - Tuesday, Nov 01, 2011 at 21:07

Tuesday, Nov 01, 2011 at 21:07
Yes, they are both there.

Daniel did our installation and I found him to be a very nice, knowledgable young man.

I had some work done a couple of weeks ago by the current Sound in Motion people at the factory and they were equally nice and knowledgable.

I think you will get a good result from either people. Maybe the clincher could be dollars so a quote might be the decider.

AnswerID: 583325

Follow Up By: ~Rover - Tuesday, Nov 01, 2011 at 21:12

Tuesday, Nov 01, 2011 at 21:12
Thank you Stephen, it's good to know there are suitable options available.
Andy

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 853995

Reply By: Luvntravln - Thursday, Nov 03, 2011 at 23:20

Thursday, Nov 03, 2011 at 23:20
Since we live in the van full-time and are electrical pigs - sound system, TVs, and computers running all the time - we have multiple redundancies.

We requested/insisted that Daniel do the installation.

SIM provided all the parts; Daniel did the work.

He is great!!

This is not to take away from any other SIM installer; Daniel did our first BT seven years ago and he just did our second.
AnswerID: 583326

Reply By: ~Rover - Tuesday, Nov 15, 2011 at 09:38

Tuesday, Nov 15, 2011 at 09:38
Hi,
Thanks to all for the replies. My wife and I met Daniel at the BT factory last week and have to agree with all the praise put his way.

Andy

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 583327

Follow Up By: Strzleki - Friday, Nov 25, 2011 at 00:47

Friday, Nov 25, 2011 at 00:47
Hi guys

have a look at the FUSION range of entertainment

We have a Fusion 'MS-AV600G' and a wired remote to install
costs a bit but well worth the $$$$
FollowupID: 853996

Follow Up By: grumpyolephartz - Tuesday, Nov 29, 2011 at 23:49

Tuesday, Nov 29, 2011 at 23:49
Strzleki, we have a Fusion system too so I agree with you, and for the remote. Well worth it, but it wasn't offered when we approached SIM for a quote and there was NO price disadvantage!

Note the size of the buttons and it is easy to follow the system menus
Fusion Radio DVD and iPod/iPad/iPhone integration
FollowupID: 853997

Follow Up By: Gone Bush - Wednesday, Nov 30, 2011 at 01:43

Wednesday, Nov 30, 2011 at 01:43
That IPOD interface looks outstanding.

FollowupID: 853998

Follow Up By:- Wednesday, Nov 30, 2011 at 02:55

Wednesday, Nov 30, 2011 at 02:55
Hi folks.

The Fusion is standard fitment now. I agree a fantastic unit. Other major features are the 3 x selectable independent zones and external remote control. We have approx 40 units currently out there and is also proving very reliable in the field.

Cheers,

Brian.
FollowupID: 853999

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Nov 29, 2011 at 21:04

Tuesday, Nov 29, 2011 at 21:04
For the newbies.

Sound in Motion is a proud supporter, both financially and conceptually, of the Bushtrackers Owners Group since its inception all those years ago. We are committed to delivering the very best products, installation quality and back up service available in this market.

Our Installation team based at the factory is the best and most qualified we have had so far. The team is headed by Mr Jeremy Tomholt, a qualified Auto Electrician with over 10 years experience in the 12volt Audio/Visual/Auto Electrical/ Satellite industries. Jeremy is supported by Lucas, a 7 year SIM technician and Josh the nimble energetic cable runner. This team is passionate about Bushtracker and are fully committed to achieving industry best standards at all times.

The team at the factory are supported at the Nambour Store by in-house technician, Mr Ian Barrie. Ian is responsible for modifying and manufacturing new products to suit the hostile B/T environment. Sound in Motion is also service agents for most of the products we use in the vans both in and out of warranty. We have a priority repair turn around for repairs, normally same day so you can get back on the road. We have two other installation technicians (both trained at the factory) attending to upgrades, Satellite/Vast installations at the Nambour store.

Sound in Motion, as a member of CAM, is affiliated with 85 stores Australia wide attending to service issues inside or outside warranty.

Sound in Motion provides the total solution. If you need a rear view camera and screen, a UHF radio, Tyre pressure sensors etc installed in your tow vehicle, we are a one stop shop.

Please don't hesitate to call or email me for any further information or assistance.

Kind regards,

Brian Bugenhagen (director)
07 54762899.
sales@soundinmotion.com.au
AnswerID: 583328

Our Sponsors