Ar conditioning heater fault/repair

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 15, 2011 at 19:24
ThreadID: 127731 Views:6805 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Can any one please advise if I am on the right track in fixing a 6 year old Dometic air conditioning electric heater that is not working. There is power to the cut out switch which then supplies power to a manual limit switch before power then goes to the heater element. There is no power coming out of the manual limit switch when the heater is on. Is the switch faulty and if so where can I get a new switch? It looks identical to the cut out switch but does not push in or out.

Thankyou,

Chris and Sue
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Silver and Tinks - Thursday, Nov 17, 2011 at 01:39

Thursday, Nov 17, 2011 at 01:39
Hi there is a thread on how to repair the problem.

But you need to pull out the heater unit open it up and reset the thermo coupling.

Scott
AnswerID: 583406

Follow Up By: Dusky - Thursday, Nov 17, 2011 at 19:18

Thursday, Nov 17, 2011 at 19:18
Hi Scott,

I did try to find any threads relating to the air conditioner but nothing came up in the owners or general forums. Can you point me to the particular thread that you are aware of?

Thankyou,
Chris and Sue
FollowupID: 854036

Follow Up By: Turist - Thursday, Nov 17, 2011 at 21:04

Thursday, Nov 17, 2011 at 21:04
Try this.

It was found almost instantly using the search facility at the top of the page.

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 854037

Reply By: Dusky - Friday, Nov 18, 2011 at 02:58

Friday, Nov 18, 2011 at 02:58
Thanks Bob, I was using air conditioning as the search criteria and not heating element. The problem is in the second limit switch, which is the one that cannot be reset and is in between the heater element connectors. The unit is operating at the moment so it looks like one of those intermittent faults! I will purchase a new limit switch in due course. Further to this and while looking for a new Lip Seal for the toilet canister I came across this WEB site http://caravansplus.com.au which sells a limited amount of spares online and also has some usefull spare parts diagrams and articles.

Regards,

Chris
AnswerID: 583407

Our Sponsors