Kalbar Mini muster / Roundup 2012

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 08, 2012 at 23:32
ThreadID: 127812 Views:2592 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
A little information for those thinking of, or attending the muster, it is a great area to spend some time.

We spent 4 days enjoying the Kalbar region (scenic rim) just before Xmas This was our second visit to Kalbar showground, camping there is great with plenty of space to spread yourself out all on a nicely well kept grassed area. We also caught up with Harry, who suggested some local attractions. Each day we were out and about on great drives with breathtaking scenery.
The drive to Queen Mary falls was the highlight, the drive was a little steep and narrow in places, but we took it easy and really enjoyed the drive and the scenic walks at various stops along the way. The drive was a bit over 60 klm one way but really worth the time.

We also enjoyed the drives to Roadvale about 30klm loop and Cunningham Gap where there is an easy scenic walk.

Boonah information centre has good information (mud maps) and were very friendly and helpful staff.

There is also a pub within a easy 100mtr walk, where we had a great dinner and a glass of red and a short walk back to the caravan.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Thursday, Jan 12, 2012 at 04:06

Thursday, Jan 12, 2012 at 04:06
I have to support all of the comments above.
We routinely stop over at Kalbar anytime that we are in the area, make a point of it.

Harry is a fine host, those attending the mini muster are sure to have a good time.
March weather in the area is normally good, sunny days and cool nights.

Remember to remind Harry that race cars with ethanol and nitro blend motors should not be exercised before 7am.

Unfortunately we will not be able to attend, we have a deposit paid booking for a self drive Murray River cruise boat that we are sharing with other BOG friends and the dates clash with Kalbar.

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 583648

Reply By: Land Rovers - Friday, Mar 30, 2012 at 23:03

Friday, Mar 30, 2012 at 23:03
Just to let all members know that I have uploaded a number of photos from the Kalbar Mini-Muster. By all accounts it was a successful event with a happy compromise between organised sessions and free time.

I have yet to collate the information from the survey forms that were given out but will post details online and forward the results to the committee for its consideration.

If you have any questions about the photos please contact me on the e-mail address given at Kalbar or send me a member message if you don't have it.

If you have any questions about the organisation of the mini-muster please contac t Harry (Traxxas) or Lance (Sunseekers).

Also please note that Pat & Leigh are now known as Land Rovers (there is no prize if you can work out why).
AnswerID: 583649

Our Sponsors