Boat trailer installation to our Bushtacker.

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 16, 2012 at 08:46
ThreadID: 127889 Views:3017 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Everyone,
I have just finnished fitting a boat trailer to our Bushtracker. The main cross bar was fitted across the A frame at the Bushtracker factory on delivery last year. The bracket to hold the trailer was supplied by Real ezy boat traliers. The photo's below show how it all fits. We also have a 500mm A frame to allow more space but I am sure it would fit on a 300mm A frame.!MPG:14!!MPG:13!!MPG:12!!MPG:11!!MPG:10!
Cheers,
Deb and Trevor
Debandtrevstravels.blogspot.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tracks n About - Monday, Feb 20, 2012 at 23:46

Monday, Feb 20, 2012 at 23:46
My only concern would be the extra ball weight. But then that's why we haven't got a tinnie (as much as we'd like too) as we only have the 70 series V8 Troopy. We always have trouble keeping to the 3500 kg limit,and if we fill all 5 water tanks when heading to dry places we're always well over.
Happy Travels.
AnswerID: 583819

Reply By: dusty - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 01:46

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 01:46
Hi Track's n About,
Weight can be a problem with every thing we add. This is one of the reasons we purchased a Bushtracker. The Barco folding trailer is 68 kgs total plus bracket approx. 6 kgs.We love our fishing and exploring and would be lost with out the tinnie .Two years ago we were travelling with our 100 TD turbo Landcruiser,Kimberly camper with a 3.5 m tinnie on top of the camper. We thought is was a good time to upgrade for more creature comforts. Looking around it was obivous the Bushtracker was a stand out performer. We thought a 16 foot would suit us after all we were coming from a camper. After many months and researching many owners groups like this one, we ended up with 20 foot Bushtracker with all the extra's replaced the 100Td with a Dodge Ram 2500 heavy duty and upgrade the boat to a 3.9m. Also upgraded Bushtracker to 4000 Kgs wth new hitch.coupling, chains stabilsers and compliance from Bushtracker. We still travel to most of our favourite spots with lots of comfort.
Cheers,
Deb and Trevor
Debandtrevstravels.blogspot.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 583820

Our Sponsors