Silverado/GMC LML Duramax servicing

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 00:22
ThreadID: 127916 Views:3043 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

I reside on the Gold coast and own a 2011 GMC with the LML Duramax engine,as Performax in Gympie is a little far for log book servicing I was wondering if any members have serving done on the Gold coast,and if so by whom.

Regards.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Grasshopper and Dragonfly - Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 03:05

Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 03:05
Hi Lozza, Sorry I can't help with an exact answer to your question but have heard that some Holden dealers can do this work if they have the right software, perhaps you already knew this, I have not yet checked this out with a GMH dealer.

As I live in NSW I am also interested to know if there are any other contacts in other areas that members may have for having their Chevys serviced particularly in NSW or a little closer to Sydney than Gympie.

Iam not yet a Chevy owner but giving it some serious consideration and as such I would be very interested if you could give me some idea on your trucks fuel consumption and your impressions of the truck to date, particularly on using it with the BT.

Regards
Grasshopper
AnswerID: 583913

Follow Up By: B & T with BT - Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 08:16

Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 08:16
Grasshopper, we picked up our new 2011 2500HD Chevy last June and had to stop in at East Coast European car repairs at Erina on the way home to fix a small computer glitch. The owner also has a Chevy and is very familiar with the servicing requirements and has the updated scanner. Steve at Performax gave us his details. He is very helpful, so this is where we will be having it serviced when it next fall due. Both hubby and I love the Chevy, towing our 21ft BT is just awsome with the intergrated brake system and the exhaust brakes. Towing we get about 15 or 16litres per 100ks and when not towing we get 11 or 12 litres per 100ks. The Chevy replaced a 2008 200 series which we loved but there is just no comparison when it comes to towing the BT. I drive the Chevy around town sometimes, parking in shopping centres obviously is a problem so I just walk a bit further (which I need to do anyway). It is so comfortable and driving it is effortless. I believe there may now be a contact at Port Macquarie as well.
Regards
Teresa
FollowupID: 854262

Reply By: lozza - Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 03:47

Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 03:47
Hi,
I have only had the vehicle a week purchased from Performax and the warranty is extremely good four years or 120000klm backed by Performax full warranty,can be serviced at any licensed mechanical work shop,so would like a service centre whom maybe familiar with these vehicles.
Re the holden dealerships I asked one locally and the hoist isnt big enough however you can buy all the fluids from a GMH dealer,these engines are simple,filters can be purchased from performax or online,I bought enough for up tp 20,000klm from Performax.
I havent towed as yet however I belive the consumption is similar to the 200 series TD,on the drive back from Gympie after picking up the vehicle I reset the computor and consumption was 12.5 liters per 100 klm and dropping, this is on a new engine.
My thoughts on the truck is these things are great,big around town but you expect that,very comfy all the bells and whistles storage galore,I had the under rear seat storage box fitted can put a lot of items in that, the vehicle has exhaust brakes,tow haul,intergrated trailer brake controller etc but you prob know this.
On the highway they dont move sit nice and firm on the road,they purr along cant hear the engine,cant feel the transmission change.
AnswerID: 583914

Reply By: Luvntravln - Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 22:11

Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 22:11
Hi, Ford F450 is being serviced by Gold Coast 4WD. VDC authorized them to all necessary work; they previously worked on my F250.

I couldn't be more satisfied!

If interested:

Ben Barlow

88 Spencer Rd, Nerang QLD 4211, Gold Coast, Australia

07 5596 0668
AnswerID: 583915

Reply By: Grasshopper and Dragonfly - Thursday, Mar 08, 2012 at 03:59

Thursday, Mar 08, 2012 at 03:59
Hi all,

Thanks for all your reponses, the information is much appreciated, however it has generated a few more questions re the Silverado, the latest models particularly the LTZ seem to be running either 18 or 20 wheels/tyres, I was told by Performax that I would not be able to change these to a 17inch wheel/tyre. Does anyone know of a GOOD AT light truck tyre for the outback to run on these 18 or 20 inch wheels, I have previously run 18" General Grabbers on my Rovers but they are not an easy size to source outback, what are people currently running on their Silverados? Should I just buy the LT model which runs 17inch (or a 200 series?), but then I miss out on my leather seats etc! Help! Life was'nt meant to be easy. (Can I get a Coopers Zeon LTZ tyre in a size suitable for the 18 and or 20 wheel?)

Best Wishes
Grasshopper
AnswerID: 583916

Reply By: lozza - Thursday, Mar 08, 2012 at 04:47

Thursday, Mar 08, 2012 at 04:47
Hi,

My truck came with 20 inch wheels and arent they nice wheels and no brake dust on them must be the American brake pads,anyway the tyres the vehicle came with are Good Year Wranglers 265/60 r20 and the price Performax sell them 4 for I think about $680 the set very inexpensive,these are a light truck tyre with good side walls and a nice deep tread not low profiles,I think getting different tyres would be a problem,however buy yourself an extra tyre and throw it in the back ,heaps of room.

Regards.
AnswerID: 583917

Reply By: B & T with BT - Thursday, Mar 08, 2012 at 06:12

Thursday, Mar 08, 2012 at 06:12
We also have 20inch wheels, Not much to choose from yet as not many cars arrive in Australia with 20in rims. I think from memory when hubby was investigating apart from the Goodyear Wranglers I think he found a Coopers tyre

Regards
Teresa
AnswerID: 583918

Follow Up By: lozza - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 21:08

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 21:08
Hi Teresa,

Do you know what size the Coopers are for the 20inch wheels,I cant find them on the website.

Regards Laurie.
FollowupID: 854263

Our Sponsors