Leaks in the Thetford Cassette door.

Submitted: Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 08:12
ThreadID: 127928 Views:3094 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Like a lot of Australia, we have experienced some serious rain.

Recently, we mopped out a half a bucket of water from the ensuite floor, which had leaked in through the Thetford outside door.

The van is parked in my front yard, is basically level, but a slight lean sideways away from the ensuite.
I have checked the door gasket, which seems to be OK & fully intact.

Have any Boggers experienced this type of leak, and if so what did you do to fix it? It looks like a major job to replace the gasket, if at all possible.

Any clues??

Neil
A Bushtracker (or BT) is a "Boys Toy"

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dynamic Duo - Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 08:57

Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 08:57
hi neil
we had a leak within the first week of our new van delivered in dec

sounds very similar i had to remove the cassette from the out side and remove a cover plate to find one fitting which had the very slightest of movement ,really had to look hard & wipe all the fittings with a dry tissue found it was less than 1/4 of a turn back from tight ,just enough to crack the seal of the pipe ( either bumped when fitted or the hose memory was maybe enough to move it ) when under pressure of the waterpump we found a nice puddle on the ensuite floor
this only happened twice but a few days apart with in the first week or so until i found the problem
hope this is also your problem as was a very easy fix
cheers kev and chris
AnswerID: 583943

Follow Up By: Boystoy - Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 09:14

Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 09:14
Hi Chris & Kev

Thanks for your quick response.
We reckon this type of problem is due to "Newness".
We had a similar problem in a similar period to yours, with a loose nut on the back of the shower Flick-mixer hot water line.
However our Thetford problem is definately due to weather.

Neil
A Bushtracker (or BT) is a "Boys Toy"

FollowupID: 854273

Reply By: Freewheelers - Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 18:57

Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 18:57
HI NEIL
our van was 4 years old whenwe had a similar leak water was only on the ensuite floor after heavy rain (a hairline crack very hard to see in sicaflex)
solution was to unscrew the whole unit from the van gently pry the unit away from the chequer plate scrape the old sicaflex off
new sicaflex & rescrew
you might want to mask off the chequer pl close to the edge of the sicaflex to minimise clean up
cheers
Stephen & Deborah

AnswerID: 583944

Our Sponsors