white fly wire

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 03, 2012 at 19:36
ThreadID: 127956 Views:8067 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Want to replace white fly wire roll up screens in dometic windows .Exhausted all avenues . Bunnings. Spotlight .Yellow Pages.Tradies out of Melbourne surburn papers.Why not go direct to Dometic?? I did They want $110.00 FOR EACH WINDOW. From the biggest to the little one in the shower.All one price. This is for the screens only.His ( DOMETIC) suggestion was go buy some and make them ourselves
So can anyone help us .Where can we get WHITE FLY WIRE FROM?

Happy Easter To you all

REGARDS

CLIVE & JOAN
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Harry & Jan - Tuesday, Apr 03, 2012 at 20:25

Tuesday, Apr 03, 2012 at 20:25
Hello Clive & Joan,
Every one that I have seen is replacing with black Miniweave made by Cyclone and available at Bunnings. The instructions to do the job can be found here http://www.dreampod.net/boroma/dometic_windows.html that is if you do not have them already. I have yet to do ours.

Regards
Harry.
The windscreen is a Travelling Picture Show

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 584014

Reply By: SMICK - Tuesday, Apr 03, 2012 at 21:08

Tuesday, Apr 03, 2012 at 21:08
I bought a roll of fly screen silver on one side [outside] and black [inside] on the other side. Very hard to see into the van, during the day, but easy to see out. Some bunnings carry it but I think it has been discontinued. However the company who supplied it to bunnings is ZONE HARDWARE Patterson Lakes Vic (03)87734099. Im sure they can tell you who stocks it.
Michael
AROUND AUSTRALIA AT 80 KAYS.
Bushtrackerly Yours
Michael Mnew
SMICK

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 584015

Reply By: Wherrol - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 03:21

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 03:21
Hi guys,

We have the nice black mesh on ours windows, from Bunnings.

Allan spent a little while replacing the 'red' mesh ... it turned from white to red after being in the Territory! Used the website mentioned above for instructons. Easy but slightly fiddly job.

Would never, ever, ever go back to the Dometic mesh again.

Hope to see you both on the road again sometime.

Cheers

Allan and Sharon
AnswerID: 584016

Reply By: NIK `N` OFF - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 03:41

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 03:41
Clive & Joan, With the help of a friend we changed our white mesh over to the black mini weave that we purchased from Bunnings. It doesn't show up the red dirt colour and bugs that get squashed clean away easily. Nicer to look at and through IMO.

It is a fiddly job but once you have done one the others become easier, more so with two people.

Important to cut the mesh perfectly square so it rolls up straight and also either stitch the end over, so the plastic cord is captive or glue the edge so the mesh cannot be pulled out of it's frame.

As Harry has pointed out

Dometic window mesh replacement

explains it all.

AnswerID: 584017

Reply By: Finch's nest - Friday, Apr 06, 2012 at 18:08

Friday, Apr 06, 2012 at 18:08
Hi, Thanks for your help and info,followed up on the Zone Hardware. Zone do not
make the double sided anymore as it was deleted by Bunnings.(To be quite truefull zone gave me the code numbers and said go to Bunnings.the sales person at Zone seemed to know very little about their own company.) The bunnings lady was very helpfull 3 times she phoned back with info.
So we are going for the blackmini weave.The web site on installing is a great help.
Again thank you all for your help.

Alan & Sue ,We are off to W.A. Via the Great Central Road.Taking at RHT at LEONORA .And exploring the back country and eventually ending up at Derby(that is as far as we got when we seen you last time.) Then heading back down the coast.
Regards to you all CLIVE & JOAN
AnswerID: 584018

Our Sponsors