BD50F DANFOSS COMPRESSOR FRIDGE

Submitted: Friday, Apr 13, 2012 at 20:55
ThreadID: 127976 Views:8922 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
A more clever way to control your fridge.....

http://great-water.com/pages/Temptech/Temp_tech.htm
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Murray Marauders - Monday, Apr 30, 2012 at 21:47

Monday, Apr 30, 2012 at 21:47
Hello Ern,
Do you know if this is suitable for the 190 litre Waeco fridges in B.T.'s? Do you know if anybody has fitted one to a B.T. and if so, how does it work/make the fridge opeerate more effiently? Sorry to ask the hard questions but after visiting the web site I still don't quite understand how it all works !!!!
Regards
John D
Life is a journey - so pay the fare

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 584059

Follow Up By:- Wednesday, May 02, 2012 at 12:36

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 at 12:36
Hello John

The Waeco 190 uses the BD50F Danfoss compressor.

Whether the device will increase performance is debatable but...
You can vary the compressor speed.
You get a temperature gauge.
It has a fault indicater LED for when things go wrong.
The thermostat is solid state so no mechanics to wear out.
It will control an auxiliary fan for added cooling.
It may have a better compressor startup regime.
A compressor running indicator.

Off the shelf the fridge is wired rather crudely with no fault LED which I consider a must-have in a fridge which can(will) be subjected to rough handling during operation.

In my case.....
The fridge is 12 years old and has endured much in its lifetime.
The compressor is at the end of its life so I will replace it when able.
The problem is I cannot leave it switched on when travelling as it goes into locked rotor status which prevents it from starting.
I have been nursing it along for a while now but have made the decision to replace the compressor.

A fridge failure while camped in the booneys can really spoil your vacation so any gadget to help in controlling a situation is a big help.

In my situation I have installed similar functionality as this gadget albeit in a less elegant fashion.

I would consider it a worthwhile investment........regardless of cost.....

FollowupID: 854324

Reply By: The Murray Marauders - Wednesday, May 02, 2012 at 18:35

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 at 18:35
Hello Ern,

Many many thanks for that information it has helped a lot. We are in a similar situation with our fridge, it has never been turned off in nine years and I have been thinking it is towards the end of it's working life, so this may very well be the answer to extending it's life a little further. It is not that the fridge is playing up at this stage but from experience if you get ten years out of a fridge before you hasve to purchase a new one or at least replace the compressor, you are doing pretty good.

Again many thanks for your information, safe travels and hopefully we caqn catch up in the future and talk fridges some more.

Regards

John D
Life is a journey - so pay the fare

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 584060

Our Sponsors