Rig Insurance

Submitted: Monday, Jun 11, 2012 at 00:08
ThreadID: 128070 Views:3150 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

Our current rig insurance with CCI has gradually become quite expensive ($2722 combined rig) and we’re shopping around for alternatives, but looking to have good cover for long range recovery in the event of remote mechanical breakdown.

CIL has quoted $1197 for the van only ($82,000), with mechanical breakdown recovery (if tow vehicle can’t be driven) max payment $5000, but they don’t insure tow vehicles

Ken Tame (need to be an associate member of CMCA) has quoted $1562 for the combined rig, with mechanical breakdown recovery payment max $600

NRMA ‘Premium Care+’ membership at $276.40 pa will cover breakdown recovery for tow vehicle up to 3.5 tonnes and caravan up to 10 tonnes max payment $3,000. Reciprocal arrangements with interstate motoring bodies.

Our rig is 2010 Land cruiser 200 series + 2005 20ft BT. Claim history since 2005 has been a couple of minor bingle repairs, 3 new windscreens, a stolen surfboard and a burned out fridge compressor motor.

Who thinks theyv’e got the best deal, and what is it?

If your van is with CIL, who do you insure your tow vehicle with?

Cheers Deb

PS CCI has been very good to us and handled claims efficiently with a minimum of paperwork; but they don’t cover mechanical breakdown recovery at all, and as retirees we are conscious of costs.

Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Uncle Dodgy - Monday, Jun 11, 2012 at 03:55

Monday, Jun 11, 2012 at 03:55
Hi Stephen & Deborah

Our tug is covered by Shannons due to its model, and modifications.
The BT is covered through brokers (Osullivan Insurance Brokers) with Caravaners Complete Insurance, which is underwritten by CGU Insurance Limited.
We have just renewed for a value of $88,825.00 for $1411.03 including GST & Stamp Duty. $30,000,000.00 Indemnity. Excess $250.00.
Its less painful to pay by the Month, which does not incur any penalties for monthly payment.
Our contact is Marj Brierly, 1800 069 199
We have no kick back arangement for referals, I have just simply found them easy to deal with.
They will even arrange automatic direct debit if you want, which saves having to remember.

Cheers
John
John & Sharyn
Takin' the long way home - Towing a Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Nissan Patrol 6X4 tow vehicle for 19ft Bushtracker., 19 Ft Queen Island Full Off Road Bushtracker.

AnswerID: 584268

Follow Up By: Freewheelers - Tuesday, Jun 12, 2012 at 01:28

Tuesday, Jun 12, 2012 at 01:28
Yeah we currently have a monthly DD with CCI. Marj has been excellent - we were very sorry to see her retire in early March.

It's good to see your figures, because with our combined rig we get one combined premium figure, and were wondering where the split fell. jThanks for that, John

Deb
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 854399

Reply By: Uncle Dodgy - Tuesday, Jun 12, 2012 at 19:19

Tuesday, Jun 12, 2012 at 19:19
Hi All

OOps!
Serves me right for not having any insurance claims this year.Not that I want to have cause to claim at any time.
Marj Brierly has gone and retired last March. Sorry, I didn't know she was no longer there.
Samantha McAllister is now handling renewals at CCI..

Cheers
John
John & Sharyn
Takin' the long way home - Towing a Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Nissan Patrol 6X4 tow vehicle for 19ft Bushtracker., 19 Ft Queen Island Full Off Road Bushtracker.

AnswerID: 584269

Our Sponsors