drink holder

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 05, 2012 at 00:27
ThreadID: 128111 Views:3200 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I suppose i should ask toyota. However, maybe a BOG member has had the same problem. In the 200 series cruiser, the drink holder between the driver and passenger seat has a lift up lid. On several occasions i have had coins or some other object slide down behind the lift up lid. This prevents the lid from opening fully. In the past i have been able to dislodge the offending item. However, this time it looks like i will have to actually remove the b###dy lid. Does anyone out there know the procedure? I just hope it does'nt need the entire consol pulled apart
Cheers Spydor & Robyn
Spydor
Everybody makes me happy! Some when they arrive, Some when they leave !!

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gone Bush - Thursday, Jul 05, 2012 at 07:31

Thursday, Jul 05, 2012 at 07:31
It's easy Spydor.

Just open the lid, grip it and lift vertically.

It will come out completely.

Watch out for sharp bits of metal under it.

If you have any trouble come around to my place and I'll show you.

cheers
AnswerID: 584356

Reply By: Spydor - Thursday, Jul 05, 2012 at 21:18

Thursday, Jul 05, 2012 at 21:18
Thanks Stephen, I tried lifting it vertically as suggested. However, it did not come out. Having said that, it did move enough for me to get a piece of wire down and remove the object. Would you believe, it was my credit card!! I'm glad i persevered in trying to sort out the problem or i would have been under the impression that i had lost my card and cancelled it. Having been down that road once i dont want to again. Once again thanks for your help in this.
Cheers Spydor
Spydor
Everybody makes me happy! Some when they arrive, Some when they leave !!

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 584357

Our Sponsors