Any info on replacing 200 Series radio with an eBay GPS type one from China ?

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 24, 2012 at 18:55
ThreadID: 128150 Views:8616 Replies:1 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
I am sick of my useless 200 Series radio that jams the iPod input all the time and will not keep a bluetooth connection to my Samsung phone.

I have seen a couple of people with the Chinese double DINN GPS radios in their cars, but I am not sure which one (of the many advertised on eBay) would suit the 200 Series.

Has anybody purchased on of these for their 200 ?

Thanks,

Willie.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Innkeepers - Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 17:26

Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 17:26
Hiya Willie,
Good to look at your words again...... there's a thread on LCOOL and a member there shows off some of his additions and a pic of his new in dash unit he bought on EBAY for $750.00 I think.

Anyway take a look at the post and then I think later in the thread, he posts a link to the item on EBAY.

You could also PM the member and ask for his thoughts on its performance.

Here's the link LCOOL THREAD

Cheers
Rick
AnswerID: 584461

Follow Up By: Willie - Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 18:58

Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 18:58
Thanks a lot Rick, I will check it out now.
Willie.
FollowupID: 854482

Follow Up By: Willie - Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 19:35

Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 19:35
I have asked Craig a couple of questions , but it looks the goods. Thanks a lot.

Check out ANQ if you are still into that stuff.

Willie.
FollowupID: 854483

Follow Up By: Innkeepers - Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 19:53

Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 19:53
OK Willie, will do......yeah that unit pic was of the Ipod and play list so I thought that was interesting considering your requirements haha....
The fog that closed Sydney airport this morning was up here in the highlands as well, but lifted now to a beautiful sunny day..

We have the local Toyota guy coming around today to look at our 100 series regarding a trade in on a new VX.

Keep well
Cheers
Rick
FollowupID: 854484

Follow Up By: Willie - Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 20:02

Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 20:02
I just checked out your motel - it looks great. Is it all going according to plan ? (apart from not being able to get away !)
Willie.
FollowupID: 854485

Follow Up By: Innkeepers - Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 20:43

Wednesday, Jul 25, 2012 at 20:43
Yeah thanks Willie it is a nice motel and we get so many guest compliments and it seems that Govt/Corporate clients must circulate e-mails about us because in the 2 and a half years we've been here, we've had a surge of business from that sector and they're all good regular repeat business.

So all going to plan here, except for the travelling of this Great Southern Land with the BT in tow. We're looking into a new 200 series with the view to get it set up for a few jaunts next year. We're wanting to get back to Central Aust again and thought we might try to work that in to a trip to take in the BOG AGM/Muster in The Alice next year. Well, thats what we're aiming for anyway.

I was away from the motel for the last four months while Julie was here holding the fort. I was up in Qld renovating one of our houses up there after the tenants vacated. GASP, what a job and I'm glad to back at the motel for a break haha..

I occasionally see a post from you after you've been out swinging the coil across the landscape and jealously dream of your adventures. Our Minelabs are packed away here and we'd love a chance to play in the dirt again..
Cheers
Rick
FollowupID: 854486

Our Sponsors