Broken Door Handle

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 04:11
ThreadID: 128289 Views:2927 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Image Could Not Be FoundJust thought i would put "pen to paper" with a tip for all of you that have broken the plastic door handle on the fly screen door. After having broken two, The last one in the middle of nowhere. YES i was carrying a spare. I have in the past filled the cavity either side of the door handle with selleys epoxy putty, but still managed to break it. Maybe in too much of a hurry to get another beer!!!. I modified the last one as per attached photograph. I still used the epoxy putty but also removed the treble hooks off a small metal lure and araldited it to the handle. It not only looks good but so far has survived 14 months YAHOO!
Cheers Spydor & Robyn
Spydor
Everybody makes me happy! Some when they arrive, Some when they leave !!

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: SMICK - Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 05:58

Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 05:58
Looks fantastic. What I did with our handle was to drill two holes in the middle piece of the handle, get two stainless metal threads the length of the cavity, file the heads so it fits in the top of the cavity, then half fill one cavity and squash it so it goes through to the other side, squash the screw in, fill the cavity, then do the same on the other side. smooth the sides off. Heypresto a solid handle.
Michael
AROUND AUSTRALIA AT 80 KAYS.
Bushtrackerly Yours
Michael Mnew
SMICK

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 584797

Reply By: Jacmar - Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 07:38

Wednesday, Sep 12, 2012 at 07:38
When my handle started to crack a couple of years ago i shaped a piece of flat aluminium to fit neatly into both sides and glued them in place with silicone it seems to have worked very well as the handle is stronger than ever.
AnswerID: 584798

Our Sponsors