Balladonia Road

Submitted: Friday, Oct 05, 2012 at 08:36
ThreadID: 128326 Views:2568 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am hoping to go from Cape Arid, Nat Park in approx 14 days and would like to go from Cape Arid to Balladonia via the dirt, Does anyone have any ideas on the road condition, My preference would be the Balladonia and not the Parmango Road , but that may be an option if I finish my trip at Cape Le Grand,
Currently at Hopetoun and on my way to Esperance and will be there for a couple of days.
I think i am up to 33 BT's on our trip so far but still have 4500km to get home.
Thanks
Frank
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Oldfella - Saturday, Oct 06, 2012 at 03:40

Saturday, Oct 06, 2012 at 03:40
Hello Frank.We travelled the Balladonia TRACK on the 9th & 10th of August this year in our 19' BT & Troopy,joined it at Beaumont NR end,it was rough in stretches,medium corrigations & some stony lumpy patches,we droped tyre pressures & kept speed down,down to 10 KPH in parts I guess we averaged about 30 KPH for the length of the track but nothing a BT can't handle,just drive to the conditions, we wern't in a hurry so took a couple of days,a good camp spot about half way is "Breeboorinia Rock" very quit,no facilities,an interesting place to explor,it's not marked on the map but was on our GPS topo map.There's also another camp spot further along at an 1890s built stone cottage thats in the process of being restored by a group and is camp freindly,again no facilities but a very ineresting spot
Enjoy the trip.
Regards
Graham & Anne
VKE237 Sellcall 1945

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 584870

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Saturday, Oct 06, 2012 at 07:19

Saturday, Oct 06, 2012 at 07:19
Hi Graham and Anne

That was past Mount Ragged? We did not tackle it in case of narrow patches, coming back to Condingup and taking Parmango Road.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 854688

Reply By: Frank Aus - Monday, Oct 08, 2012 at 06:59

Monday, Oct 08, 2012 at 06:59
Thanks Graham and Anne,
Have spoken to a couple of people today in Esperance and they have given me some info on the road as well as Cape Arid etc, So will post an update next week after I have done the trip.
Regards
Frank
AnswerID: 584871

Our Sponsors