Awning Light

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 11, 2012 at 20:49
ThreadID: 128384 Views:3132 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, Looking for a effective led awning light, one that you can read with and cook by.
Anyone upgraded theirs.
I currently have the inside /outside Fiamma light, so i realise that i will have to do some work to make sure that everything is sealed etc,
Regards
Frank
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mobi Condo - Sunday, Nov 11, 2012 at 22:26

Sunday, Nov 11, 2012 at 22:26
We had our Fiamma "go to the other side" so to speak in Darwin. The whiz bang caravan parts mob south of Darwin laughed at us looking for Fiamma repalcements as they informed us that there were no more spares, so we bought an LED internal fitting which went straight into the Fiamma body - easily accessed through the O/H cupbd above our sink - and we have really bright light outside now.

Saved a whole lot of headache in how to fit a new body etc into a hole sized for the Fiamma and still remain neat and new looking!

No where near as good as Bro & Sis in law who stayed over the other week in their new van which had three out side lights (each a row of 6 or so LEDS) along the annex side and it was super bright!
AnswerID: 585002

Follow Up By: muddywaters - Sunday, Nov 11, 2012 at 23:50

Sunday, Nov 11, 2012 at 23:50
Hi Frank, We have put 300 yellow led's onto the roller of the
awning, bought them out of Hong Kong for about $12/$14 delivered, certainly fine to cook by have not tried to read out side but coud be ok they are bright. Keeps most of the bugs away too only draws 2 amps they come on roll complete with stickyback. We just roll them up with the awning. Ebay site called Eshopstar ?? I think.

Regards Andrew
FollowupID: 854764

Our Sponsors