Satellite Dish/tripod Storage

Submitted: Saturday, Nov 24, 2012 at 01:02
ThreadID: 128405 Views:2691 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have search the site and seen and read sone posts on the storage of the "manual" satellite dish/tripod storage ideas.
I would like to hear from members on how and where they are storing their dish/tripod and photographs of same.
I have considered mounting it on the A-frame in front of the gas bottles and behind the stone guard and removing it from this location for setting up? Your thoughts, pro or con re this idea would be appreciated.
Another thought is under the yatch bed (as per Motleys photograph) but it appears this may interfere with the storage of the cargo area.
Any feed back appricated.
Thanks. Greg
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: NIK `N` OFF - Saturday, Nov 24, 2012 at 08:09

Saturday, Nov 24, 2012 at 08:09
Hii Greg,

It sounds like mine was like Motleys, i made use of the space under the bed (yacht) and made a shelf that the dish sat in, along with the tripod LNB arm etc. These days we have an Oyster and the shelf is now filled with 'stuff' that Vickie finds at markets :-)
AnswerID: 585049

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Saturday, Nov 24, 2012 at 17:31

Saturday, Nov 24, 2012 at 17:31
I have given away the tripod system, now use a dish support that has a triangular base and sits directly on the ground and only has one adjustment for the inclination. Just swivel the whole base to the correct compass bearing. It all folds flat into the supplied bag - which lives on top of the Zodiac boat bag in the back of the cruiser.

This system is much quicker and easier to deploy than buggering around with bulky tripods

John
AnswerID: 585050

Reply By: The Boondockers - Tuesday, Dec 04, 2012 at 19:20

Tuesday, Dec 04, 2012 at 19:20
I made up a simple slide that placed the dish at the back of the bed, out of the way and in an otherwise unused area.
Image Could Not Be Found

This was my old van. The newer one has an Oyster. Much easier.
AnswerID: 585051

Reply By: gottabjoaken - Thursday, Dec 13, 2012 at 09:54

Thursday, Dec 13, 2012 at 09:54
I have added a jockey wheel clamp to the rear bumper, and put a piece of 2" pipe in it.

The dish clamps to that easily and tucks in neatly at the back of the van.

I added a piece of the same pipe to the top of the tripod I use, so I don't have to adjust the clamps too much when setting up or putting away.

The occy strap is to keep the folding arm in place.

Image Could Not Be Found

hope this helps
Ken
AnswerID: 585052

Our Sponsors