Sticky Tassie Oak Door Catches

Submitted: Friday, Dec 07, 2012 at 20:52
ThreadID: 128430 Views:2571 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
For Cyril & Yvonne and interested others
This post is more of an answer to a question posted by Cyril & Yvonne in the Tips section.
Firstly we were all newbies to this lifestyle once, so don't be concerned about asking questions of others. Your question possibly should have been put as a post similar to this one rather than as a "Tip" to which it is difficult to reply.
Never mind though, we all make these sorts of slips from time to time and after all, owning a BT is a learning experience in itself, never mind trying to make sense of the computer age and how things work. Life is full of new experiences. :-)
To answer your question, you are Members and have access to the "Bog Bible" which is full of tips and hints on a diverse range of matters.
To access, go to "Members" at the top of the page and select "Bog Bible", then select "Maintenance", then "Doors", and then select the Word Document "Tassie Oak Door Adjustment.doc", and you could find your answer there. There are even pictures in that document.
Any questions in response, you could send me a member message if you wish with your contact details if you prefer.
Welcome to the world of all that is the "BOG group".
Cheers
John

John & Sharyn
Takin' the long way home - Towing a Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Nissan Patrol 6X4 tow vehicle for 19ft Bushtracker., 19 Ft Queen Island Full Off Road Bushtracker.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Dec 08, 2012 at 06:22

Saturday, Dec 08, 2012 at 06:22
Cyril & Yvonne,

At the last Muster at Rydal this subject came up during the talk by Steve Gibbs and he said that Bushtracker's fix is to replace the catches with new ones that they will sell you.
I tried to explain to Steve how I was able to free up mine but was ignored by Steve. What I did was open the catch up with a small screw driver and then I found that there was corrosion on the metal of the cast catch. This is metal catch was cleaned up and lubricated with Lanotec and since then I have had many more years of problem free use.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 585112

Our Sponsors