Holland Track

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 07, 2013 at 02:49
ThreadID: 128540 Views:8348 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
This is my first post, have had 18' Bushtracker for a couple of years but not had much chance of using it owing to work/etc commitments. planning on doing a trip from Hyden to Coolgardie on the Holland Track at Easter - has anybody been through there
recently towing a van?
Any information would be appreciated.
Cheers........Michael
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Shortcuts - Thursday, Feb 07, 2013 at 05:21

Thursday, Feb 07, 2013 at 05:21
Hi Michael we have done the first section of the Holland Track from Greenhills to the Hyden/Norseman Road with a 14ft Bushtracker and an 18ft Supreme.
Previous to the above trip we have done the section of the Holland Track from the Hyden/Norseman Rd to Coolgardie on a couple of occasions but not with the caravan in tow.
I would not recommend doing the above section with your van because there can be low overhead branches and tight corners if my memory serves me correctly.

Cheers
Vicky
AnswerID: 585348

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Thursday, Feb 07, 2013 at 08:04

Thursday, Feb 07, 2013 at 08:04
Definitely not one for the van Michael. Narrow patches, and a winding woodland track which people have damaged small caravans on before. The alternative Holland Way is still a good trip. See my travelogues for details.

Motherhen

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 585349

Reply By: Spydor - Thursday, Feb 07, 2013 at 19:01

Thursday, Feb 07, 2013 at 19:01
Hi Michael, NO WAY !! We have done the track twice, and in several sections in the woodland area we had to weave between the trees with the side mirrors on the cruiser folded in. even then, it was a tight fit. It would be a fantastic trip if you could take the B/T, but it is out of the question.. Whichever alternative track you take. I hope you have a great time.
Cheers Spydor & Robyn
Spydor
Everybody makes me happy! Some when they arrive, Some when they leave !!

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 585350

Reply By: Pedantic - Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 02:05

Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 02:05
Thanks for the advice Vicky, Motherhen and Spydor, looks like we'll have to find somewhere else to go this Easter. will look at doing the Holland Track another time ....without the van.cheers. Michael
AnswerID: 585351

Our Sponsors