GGear Multimat

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013 at 21:53
ThreadID: 128550 Views:3762 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'Day,
Could anybody give me any feedback on the GGear Multimat ? Was thinking on getting that green sort of rubber matting,but at $50 mtr. works out to $200 for a section big enough to do the Annex. Saw a GGear mat in a camping store in Albany for $189 that was just under our Annex size. Looked good,but wondering how it would stand up to camp chair legs ? One thing I did like was the weight. Very light compared to what the other matting would be.
Lawrie.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: braggy - Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013 at 23:30

Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013 at 23:30
Hi Lawrie
We have had CGear (think that's what you mean) for a couple of years.
Its like 2 layers of shade mesh, but not slippery,and most dirt and sand goes thru it (not large bits),
No trouble with chairs (they do have about 45mm square base on feet) or table.
We got 2 smaller ones, more versatile, pretty happy with them.
They come in a bag and weigh nothing, good for packers

Cheers Ken
AnswerID: 585385

Reply By: Spydor - Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013 at 23:58

Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013 at 23:58
tracksnabout. "CGEAR" matting is the only way to go! it beats all the other mats hands down. If you have chairs with the cross bar front and rear as opposed to four legs, this will prolong the life of the mat.
Cheers Spydor & Robyn
Spydor
Everybody makes me happy! Some when they arrive, Some when they leave !!

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 585386

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Feb 21, 2013 at 00:33

Thursday, Feb 21, 2013 at 00:33
I Could not agree more with Spydor,

We have had ours for a about 3 years now, and I even hammered a peg through it next to the door opening to hold the annex firm in very strong winds and it has not ripped at all and can barely be seen.

This is the 3rd annex mat that we have had. The cheap stuff didn't last long, the next one allowed the sand to come through from below, but the CGear double layered matting is by far the best. sand on top seems to find it's way through, but sand below stays there.

If you stay put long enough grass will find it's way up through it though.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 854916

Reply By: focs18 - Thursday, Feb 21, 2013 at 19:17

Thursday, Feb 21, 2013 at 19:17
Hi Lawrie

CGear have been Sponsors of the BOG for many years.

Give them a call I am sure they will look after you.

Regards

Pam
Living Life to the Fullest in a BT
Membership Registrar - Pam

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 585387

Reply By: aubs. - Saturday, Feb 23, 2013 at 16:14

Saturday, Feb 23, 2013 at 16:14
We have had 2 decided of these mats and they are tuff, only thing I dont like is in heavy rain the mud oozes back up through the mesh, I then end up putting the rubber square mats under it to hold the mat up. Doing this it feels soft to walk on, and helps stop the mud.

I had mine covered in deisel and red WA dirt last year, I layed it out on an annex slab added some car wash, straw broom and elbow grease and it came up like new.

To us hard earnt dollars well spent,

ps the second mat, we shared with some friends and let them keep it.

AnswerID: 585388

Reply By: Willie - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2013 at 00:11

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2013 at 00:11
I ordered a double thickness of shade cloth the size I wanted and my local camping shop had it sewn together for me. It works well in the sandy soils of the WA goldfields.
Willie
AnswerID: 585389

Reply By: fatso - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2013 at 22:05

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2013 at 22:05
Hi there
we bought a smart matt from one of the caravan show in Toowoomba, its 7m long and cost about $350. its black very light weight easy to pack and unpack it comes with its own storage bag it was a little slippery when we first got it but after a few days of been down it was not slippery, we have had no problems with mud or sand sitting on it or coming through the mat.and at the moment its been raining for 3 days and its still safe and clean to walk on,we travel full time and use it everyday .you can look them up on the internet www.enduromat.com.au happy travels everyone
AnswerID: 585390

Our Sponsors