Lithium ion van batteries

Submitted: Monday, Mar 18, 2013 at 16:17
ThreadID: 128601 Views:6115 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Has anybody installed or have any feedback on the 250 amp hour lithium ion batteries that Kimberly are now using in their vans ?
Thanks,
Willie.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: grumpyolephartz - Tuesday, Mar 19, 2013 at 03:42

Tuesday, Mar 19, 2013 at 03:42
Hi Willie, they are generally regarded by the KKOG members I know, to be a pretty expensive alternative. I think there have been just a couple of Karavans with them where the owners are group members.

Most of the folk there have bought from Rod Dilkes EV Power in Western Australia, even to the extent of shipping everything across and the quality of support apparently has been excellent. Since I posted a couple of weeks ago on the other forum, there have been a few posts and no real issues, even over corrugations.

Hook up over there when you are swinging your coil
AnswerID: 585506

Follow Up By: braggy - Thursday, Mar 21, 2013 at 05:00

Thursday, Mar 21, 2013 at 05:00
Rod is very helpful and much cheaper

He is at www.ev-power.com.au, the link above goes to where he use to work

John on an off topic note do you have a DC-DC from your car to lithium batteries,
if so what is it?

Cheers Ken
FollowupID: 854958

Follow Up By: grumpyolephartz - Thursday, Mar 21, 2013 at 20:17

Thursday, Mar 21, 2013 at 20:17
G'day Ken. Yes, I agree about Rod, but he gets very upset knowing there are other potential competitors get part of the action, and really you have to go to your closest support or supplier. To get to have lithium supply in the BT I understand I had to work with their trusted engineering backup and supplier. That is what building relationship and supply are about.

Ken, We have a Ranox in the car. It manages secondary batteries so far in the car and I have switched through a marine 3 way switch to 0, to 1, or 2, or 1+2. I want to put it in the BT at the battery before we go away next.

For those who don't know them, Ranox aren't made any more, but are about the best programmable 12v to 12v charger you can get. Devotees grab second hand ones too, for additional uses. Their manual is available online too. Any problem is likely to be over the size of the fuse carrier as they can take in 30a/h @ 10.5v and turn it into charge at 25a/h @ 13.0v -14.8v and float at whatever you program it at. It will detect engine running, and charge, or just deplete a battery to charge another, if programmed that way
FollowupID: 854959

Our Sponsors