autosat cannot pick up a sattelite

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 07, 2013 at 21:30
ThreadID: 128644 Views:3810 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone help me after 5 years for some reason my dish cannot find a sattelite' it is
Opt.us c1 I will ring Danial tomorrow but thought that I might solve the problem today
Thanks
lyn
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gone Bush - Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 00:43

Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 00:43
I went through this with a fellow BT owner at the Albany Muster.

My dish could pick up C1 OK, but his couldn't. We duplicated all of my settings on his device. Everything, azimuth, skew, everything was set up manually to duplicate mine without success.

There are a couple of posts on the factory forum (and this one, I think) about alternative settings, which we tried.

We eventually rang SIM and, after some discussion where it was confirmed that we had already done everything that they would suggest, we rang the distributors in O'Connor in WA (near Fremantle) and it was their advice that some setups need a software update. It was a random thing.

Now I don't believe in random things but there was nothing else that we could do in the field. So our friends are faced with a trip to O'Connor with their van.

That's not much help, sorry.

AnswerID: 585606

Reply By: NIK `N` OFF - Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 01:19

Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 01:19
Possibly not your problem but this happened to us twice recently .... our problem was the LNB arm was not laying in the open position. As the Sat Dish went up the LNB stayed in the closed position. I was able to climb a ladder and pull it down, it just works on it's own weight and was sticking at it's connection.

So the dish was just going around and around not being able to lock on.

Whilst doing that it was disappointing to see the powder coating flaking and corroding around the base when the dish and LNB join. It maybe worth my while inquiring with the agent in Fremantle to see what they say. The Oyster is only 3 years old
AnswerID: 585607

Reply By: aubs. - Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 06:25

Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 06:25
Be careful and specific when sending the Oyster back, We had an insurance claim and delivered the unit to Gin Gin Solar and Sat and they sent it down to the importer (Thomas Kuenzel) on the Gold Coast, The dish kept falling over and would not stay in position and the upper turret housing was cracked, The insurance was paid before we got it back. I asked about the cracks and he said he didn't notice them, asked about replacing it and he wanted to charge me a further $300 for what should have been done in the first place.

Not Happy Jan
AnswerID: 585608

Reply By: AUORA - Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 07:04

Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 07:04
Thanks for the replies. My story is a good one, I went for a walk around the park yesterday afternoon here in Karumba and saw a truck with a satellite installations on it, very obliging man knew all about it and came to my van, he rang Manfred from autosat, apparently my settings needed to be upgraded, fixed in 5 minutes. He has told me that the strong auora system will be obsolete by the end of the year, and discussed the VAST system with me.Something else to think about
Thanks again
Lyn
AnswerID: 585609

Follow Up By: Gone Bush - Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 08:08

Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 08:08
Well that was a good outcome. I bet you had a smile on your face for the rest of the day.

Regarding the VAST system, I can't get my head around this re-registering BS and east/west zones stuff. I take our Foxtel box with us. I would rather watch re-runs of Gunsmoke than the endless reality rubbish.

Or sit outside with a coffee and look for satellites.

FollowupID: 855000

Reply By: aubs. - Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 15:39

Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 15:39
Re registering is just an email, I usually send one of before I go prospecting then another when I come home.

I don't advise them that we are in WA, by not doing this the missus gets to watch her programs about 2 hrs earlier. That's usually while dinner is being done, after that we sit out at the fire.
AnswerID: 585610

Reply By: surfy53 - Thursday, Apr 18, 2013 at 02:17

Thursday, Apr 18, 2013 at 02:17
We had S.I.M. install the 12 volt VAST system in our van about 12 mths ago and is running well. Only problem is remembering to renew the registration every six mths, but as you said, email or just give VAST a call.
Chris.
AnswerID: 585611

Our Sponsors