ouside shower

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 01:43
ThreadID: 128646 Views:3104 Replies:7 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, Seeking assistance with my outside shower which refuses to work. The unit is shown in the picture included. When I attempt to operate the shower there is only a dribble of water and the pumps refuse to kick in. There is nothing wrong with the shower inside and all other taps work as intended but the outside shower just will not. I have been unable to find any assistance in 'Bible" or 'tips'.
Any ideas??
Image Could Not Be Found
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bobrovin - Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 02:57

Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 02:57
If all your other taps work and this one does not work on either hot or cold than it must be a blockage between the taps and the head. It is most likely the head and being the easiest to remove and clean, I would start there.
AnswerID: 585615

Reply By: aubs. - Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 04:13

Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 04:13
Shower rose maybe full of gunk, The valves in the taps stuck closed, However I would start with the shower rose.
AnswerID: 585616

Follow Up By: Beetle - Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 02:55

Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 02:55
Aubs gets the prize. After having checked the rose and handpiece and flexible connection hose yesterday, today I disconnected the flexible hose and confirmed it was clear. I then tried to find a way to check the valves but ended up pulling the pulled the whole tap assembly out and disconnecting the tap assembly inlet line and turning on the pump. water flowed, so I was then pretty sure it must be in the tap assembly. I took the flexible hose off again and could see the bottom of the valve to the main tap. It looked OK so I reassembled it and put it back in its dedicated cabinet. When I turned on the pump and main tap the water again flowed, this time out of the shower rose. I then tried the hot/cold mixer tap to make sure that the hot water would also flow, and it did. I have lift-off. I just hope I don't have to do this every time I want to use this outside shower unit. Thanks everybody for their suggestions.
FollowupID: 855001

Reply By: Gone Bush - Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 06:18

Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 06:18
I agree with the other posts. I think the shower head will be full of anode gunk.

AnswerID: 585617

Reply By: MEG & Capt Norty - Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 18:17

Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 18:17
Also check the hose is not Kinked.
Norton.
Margaret & Norton

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 585618

Reply By: Turist - Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 18:18

Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 18:18
From the look of that drip on the nozzle perhaps a visit from a urologist?

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 585619

Reply By: Beetle - Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 04:45

Wednesday, Apr 10, 2013 at 04:45
Thanks everyone who responded, I am overwhelmed. I assure you I am gradually working through the list starting with the easiest to see if they explain the difficulty I am having.
Firstly, I have removed the "rose". It is perfectly clean, not a real surprise as there is no blockage on any other shower of tap and the only other time I tried to use the outside shower was when I picked up the van in 2008. If there were anode debris I would expect it would start to impact on all outlets.
Secondly, I removed the complete shower head and this also was clean.
Thirdly, I have examined the flexible hose pipe leading to the shower head (the one that can be pulled out to allow the shower to be taken approximately 1 metre from its cabinet). I looked at the length from the outlet side of the faucets to the shower head and there appears no kinks or twists (this hose is actually reinforced with a metal coil outside so I think it would be hard to kink to such an extent as to block the water flow completely. I have yet to disconnect this hose and blow through it to ensure there isn't a blockage. That might be tomorrow's job.

I also haven't yet determined how to check if the valves of the faucets are sticking. I have been able to remove the knobs but it looks like a substantial process of removal to get at the valves themselves. Also a job for tomorrow. I will be surprised if both are sticking, however, as the mixed (hot and cold) water must pass the last faucet then it could be this one that is the problem.

Haven't resorted to the urologist (for the caravan that is) and am not aware of one that does 'caravan' calls:-).

If the solution is discovered by backtracking down the hoses to the pump, I will be sure to post for the enlightenment of everybody.
AnswerID: 585620

Reply By: aubs. - Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 06:29

Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 06:29
WoooHooo I finally got something right, just don't tell my missus cause she wont believe you.
AnswerID: 585621

Our Sponsors