Alice Springs 10th Anniversary Muster

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 23, 2013 at 18:52
ThreadID: 128680 Views:2956 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have been contacted by 3 'soon-to-be-financial members' of BOG. They are waiting on delivery of their new BTs. 2 are hoping to attend the Muster. This is the reason I have posted this in the GENERAL FORUM. We have some very cool merchandise for the 10th Anniversary. However, orders and payment have to be in with the Treasurer before end of April. It would be disappointing to arrive with a brand new BT and not have the great mementos.

As it takes a couple of weeks for the administrator to get through the memberships, you might miss out on the merchandise time line for ordering. So if you fall into the 'member pending' category, then please email myself or the committee.

Merchandise:
Great BOG plaque 10th Anniversary plaque for your BT
10th Anniversary stubby holders
Navy Blue 10th Anniversary caps (although Diane is looking into wider brim bucket hats also).
MEG
Margaret Gill, Secretary
Margaret & Norton

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Apr 23, 2013 at 20:40

Tuesday, Apr 23, 2013 at 20:40
Margaret,

I cannot understand why there is a delay in processing membership applications, as per your post:

____"As it takes a couple of weeks for the administrator to get through the memberships, you might miss out on the merchandise time line for ordering. So if you fall into the 'member pending' category, then please email myself or the committee."______

When Tanya was doing the book work and I was Secretary, we were both receiving notifications of payments and the faxed or emailed application forms. I believe other committee members were also.

If Tanya was unable to process them in a timely fashion because she was dealing with Callum's illness, then I processed them and notified Tanya of the fact.
It was only the odd application that was made by post that only the Book Keeper could do because she collected the mail.

I think that this is a very backward step, and in the past 12 months have noticed a number of new members posting on the open forum asking when they would get access to the financial members section, and President Pam would look into it.

I believe that this should be rectified as soon as possible so that new member applications are processed within a day or two of being received.

It also concerns me that members who find that they can attend the muster a short time before will not have Name Tags as per an earlier circular that said we have to pay for our attendance early in order to get a name tag.
This has never happened in the past, and even when Motley had the printer and he was unable to attend the muster, they were printed in Victoria and mailed to the Copeton Muster. Why is it that this can no longer be the case?

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

AnswerID: 585697

Reply By: focs18 - Wednesday, Apr 24, 2013 at 06:26

Wednesday, Apr 24, 2013 at 06:26
Just to clarify a few things

Membership & Renewals

Membership Renewals are processed on a regular basis and once payment has been cleared the data base is updated.

New Membership Applications are processed once all the criteria for membership has been met:
All information on the Application Form is completed correctly
Payment of fee cleared by the banking institution
When this information is received the Membership Application will be processed within a few days and then the Applicant will be entered into the Membership data base.

Applications and Renewals can be received via email, fax or the BOG PO Box which are all cleared on a regular basis.

Maintaining the data base
In line with accepted data base management only one person at anytime is responsible for the data base. If this person is not available for any reason (prolonged sickness or holidays etc) another person will be nominated. This procedure is to insure data base accuracy.

Muster Attendance Name Tag
Similar to what has occurred at past Musters all members who attend the Muster will be issued with an Attendance name tag. Late registrations and /or late arrivals will receive an Attendance name tag.

Pam Stanley
President
Living Life to the Fullest in a BT
Membership Registrar - Pam

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 585698

Reply By: Innkeepers - Thursday, Apr 25, 2013 at 18:57

Thursday, Apr 25, 2013 at 18:57
Hmmm, Well I contacted the committee on April 22nd and told them I now find myself unfinancial and had NOT received any prior notification of renewal as I always have done in the past...e.g. 60 days prior - 30 days prior and 10 days prior..... nothing this time????

So I renewed my membership on that same day...22nd April and My credit card statement verifies this on that date, however I'm still not able to access the Members Section of the forum???

I guess it will happen one day???? Even though I received an e-mail from the President on that day (April 22nd) saying that the Admin Clerk would look into it for me.

Cheers All
Rick & Julie
AnswerID: 585699

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Apr 25, 2013 at 22:28

Thursday, Apr 25, 2013 at 22:28
I cannot understand why only one person can now update the data base. It worked fine for the 8-9 years that I was involved.

Most data bases are updated by numerous operators like, Medicare, all Banks and Insurance Companies.

When you have told the committee that you have verified the payment, I think that they should just update the records to financial. If it turned out that you made a false statement (which is highly unlikely) then the record could be changed back to un-financial. The club hasn't lost anything.

I don't want to be a stirrer but to me the club is no longer handling the membership as good as what it was or should be.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

FollowupID: 855038

Reply By: Condinup - Friday, Apr 26, 2013 at 00:53

Friday, Apr 26, 2013 at 00:53
Get over it, move on, surely there are better things to worry about, Im sure it will get sorted.
re
mg
AnswerID: 585700

Follow Up By: THE WARDEN - Friday, Apr 26, 2013 at 04:52

Friday, Apr 26, 2013 at 04:52
x2
FollowupID: 855039

Our Sponsors