Nova Cool 12v compressor fridge

Submitted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 at 03:54
ThreadID: 128719 Views:8858 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
Anyone know anything about the Nova Cool RFU6800/RFU6200 compressor fridge made in Canada. They have the bottom freezer, which is a good design feature also havwe the surround to build into enclosure.

Regards Terry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Swanwood - Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 08:37

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 08:37
Hi Terry,

Hubby fitted a Nova Cool to our BT about 2 years ago. Not sure if it is the same model as you are quoting (would have to find the manual). Yes it has the freezer on the bottom which I love. No bending to get anything in the fridge. Works well. I think they are well built and insulated although haven't been to the top end with it yet. Being a marine fridge it doesn't have an outside drain but it is not messy to defrost at the end of a trip. If you were on a very long extended trip it may require defrosting en route. The coldest part of the fridge is at the top as this is where the cold plate is (means I don't have vegetables freezing anymore like I used to have in the old fridge. I am very happy with the Nova Cool.

Cheers, Cheryl.
Ian & Cheryl

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 585800

Reply By: Gone Bush - Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 10:36

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 10:36
Terry,

I just had a look around the net after reading your post and found these installation instructions.

Nova Kool Installation Instructions

It will give you some good reading prior to making a decision.
AnswerID: 585801

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 18:01

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 18:01
We have had one for about 2 years also. When our Waeco compressor failed I went looking for a fridge that would fit into the cavity size that the 190lt Waeco did.
The Nova Cool did and just required a bit of fill down the sides.
The framing of the Nova Cool is very good but I found that I had to drill another set of holes on each side so that it now has 3 screws on each side holding it in place.

Being a black fridge I then used some 50 x 50ml Al angle around the cavity and coloured it black so it looks neat.

Very happy with the way it operates and it is far more robust than the Waeco ones.

BTi apparently disapprove because they require manual defrosting. We just put a couple of containers on the top shelf and after a few minutes with a hair dryer it is ready for use again.

We added the 240volt option so if batteries are low, the fridge will run on 240volt while the generator charges the batteries without the fridge taking any out at the same time.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 585802

Our Sponsors