ThreadID: 128724 Views:3331 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Air hitch BTA any users out there on BT
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Andrew & Jen - Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 06:04

Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 06:04
Hullo Barry and Shirl
The short answer is yes
I have a Class 5 Air Safe hitch (6000/600 kg) on the F250 - which has F350 springs and dual wheels. GVM 5.7 tonnes
Tow a 3 tonne 18' BT
I put a report on the BT forum a while ago - I am sure that if you put "air safe hitch" into the search, you will find it.
I intimated that I would fit shock absorbers to the hitch; which I have now done - but yet to tow with them
Happy to answer any further questions when you have read it.
Cheers
Andrew
AnswerID: 585819

Reply By: aubs. - Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 20:22

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 20:22
On line and message sent sorry for the delay.
AnswerID: 585820

Reply By: imanomad2 - Wednesday, Jul 10, 2013 at 08:35

Wednesday, Jul 10, 2013 at 08:35
Hello Barry and Shirl,
Like Andrew, we have a Class 5 BTA Airsafe Hitch fitted to our tow vehicle, which is an Isuzu FTS 800 4x4.
I posted an article on the BT web site under the AirSafe hitch discussion item back when I think Aub was considering acquiring one for his upgraded setup, and Andrew also responded to that item.
We have since fitted the auxillary shockie kit and towed the van over Xmas for some couple of hundred K's with only minimal load on "The Tug".
Even though the hitch's performance was compassionate towards the van during our initial travel home to FNQ with our new van, the response / reaction of the Hitch with the shockies attached was even more impressive. I could actually feel that the hitch travel vertically was being suppressed, and can't remember feeling the hitch top/bottom out during that trip.
All being well, we will be at the Alice Muster.
Cheers, Brian.
AnswerID: 585821

Follow Up By: Andrew & Jen - Saturday, Aug 17, 2013 at 06:43

Saturday, Aug 17, 2013 at 06:43
Hullo Barry and Shirl

As I stated above, I fitted shock absorbers to the Air Safe Hitch prior to the latest trip to NW WA. They worked well over a large range of roads, from badly deformed sealed roads through to secondary unsealed roads and a few lesser ones as well - eg, Pingandy - Mt Augustus.

The previous issue of it hitting the stops at low speeds over badly deformed surfaces has gone. And over the whole trip I think that it hit the stops once and that was when we went through an unexpected wash out.

Cheers
Andrew
FollowupID: 855088

Our Sponsors