Looks like I've been punished

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 29, 2013 at 02:23
ThreadID: 128987 Views:4088 Replies:10 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
Looks like I'm locked out of that other site.

When they say they don't appreciate me posting on this site they mean it.

Damn, now I'll never find the secret of that battery that failed in 2007.

LMAO Ken

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Googs & Zelda - Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 20:56

Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 20:56
HI Ken, looks like you have stirred up a hornets nest! best keep us informed on the out come, only some of us can accept criticism. best of luck.

Cheers Dave.
AnswerID: 586461

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 01:42

Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 01:42
Ken,

There is very little censorship on this site but the company site is full of it.
That is why you will never see any comments about faults or things that have gone wrong. They are all promptly deleted and often the writer gets the same.

At least on this site you can discuss the good and bad aspects of Bushtracker ownership.

What did you do wrong to get banished?

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 586462

Follow Up By: braggy - Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 18:48

Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 18:48
Hi Brian

Not really sure, but have been told "we do not appreciate posting photos and comments on BOG site". HUH

So here's a photo of my new single axle "extreme offroad vans" suspension.

Image Could Not Be Found

Can hardly wait to "get into the dune country of the Canning Stock Route or the Simpson" and "Fraser Island" and "the Telegraph track at the Cape"

I'm so exited about the ability to take this "extreme terrain van" to these remote spots, I would be interested if anyone with a winch is keen on going with me.

This photo was taken with 38psi, weighed 2260kg (100kg under max), on level workshop floor.

FollowupID: 855385

Follow Up By: Toyman - Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 19:20

Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 19:20
I'm sure you know full well why.
Further stiring on other Forums gave you the same result.
Can you post a few links as to where on the Bushtracker site they make the claims you posted, as I can't find them.
"This van is a ,14' poptop single axle and marketed as "extreme off road","extreme terrain" ,"remote dune access"."may want to get into the dune country of the CSR or the Simpson", "the telegraph track at the cape", and more, all quotes from manufaturers site."

Cheers
John
"He who dies with the most toys wins"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 855386

Reply By: braggy - Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 19:30

Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 19:30
Hi John

Try "Re -release of single axle Bushtracker" started 09 Feb 2012
in What size and type

Cheers Ken
AnswerID: 586463

Follow Up By: Toyman - Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 20:28

Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 20:28
Hi Ken,
OK found that thread.
He did use the word extreme
" An extreme version for gold fossickers, explorers, from the Bungles to the Telegraph Track at the Cape, a mini-Bushtracker...
" it has it's place on the small end, for the extreme gold fossicker, bone digger, jem hunter, extreme fisherman or the like"
And made reference to
" Someone may want to get into the dune country of the Canning Stock Route or the Simpson for instance"
That's all I could find. No statements of "extreme off road" or "extreme terrain".

Cheers
John
"He who dies with the most toys wins"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 855387

Follow Up By: braggy - Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 21:49

Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 21:49
You will have to look around yourself in other topics John,

But in that topic, try post on 15 Feb 2012 9.57pm

First paragraph "re-lease this extreme terrain bushtracker".

or General Discussion .. Startracker.
Post 10 Aug 2012 7.57
"extreme off road for hogging up a creek bank".

Don't know what you're on about, really,
FollowupID: 855388

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 21:01

Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 21:01
Ken,
How old is the van?

What are BTi saying about rectifying the faults.

I know the first comments would be 1 in a 1000, too hard, too fast, and too heavy.

Problem is that nearly all the owners who have problems discuss it with other owners but are to afraid of what might happen if they publicly say anything that the management at BTi might not like.

Let's hope that they back up the advertising and repair the van to do what it is advertised to do.

I recently heard where a Kedron owner had major problems that the factory had trouble fixing and they solved the problem by building him a replacement caravan.

Brian

AnswerID: 586464

Follow Up By: braggy - Monday, Oct 07, 2013 at 00:28

Monday, Oct 07, 2013 at 00:28
Hi Brian

You have got it all wrong, I'm not saying anything is wrong with it.
Just showing a picture of the suspension, (which few seem to have seen),
and expressing my excitment of being able to take it to all these places.

Cheers Ken.

Ps. 5 months young
FollowupID: 855389

Reply By: focs18 - Monday, Oct 07, 2013 at 03:54

Monday, Oct 07, 2013 at 03:54
Hi Ken

I am sorry to hear of the problems you are having with your BT.

I have had contact with BTi and have been advised that they are working with you to try and solve your problem.

The BOG Forum is not here to criticise or apportion blame but more to find solutions.
The pictures you have published are informative but if there is weakness it is yet to be determined.

I think it is a matter between yourself, BTi and maybe the suspension manufacturer.

Pam

Living Life to the Fullest in a BT
Membership Registrar - Pam

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 586465

Follow Up By: braggy - Monday, Oct 07, 2013 at 18:27

Monday, Oct 07, 2013 at 18:27
Hello Pam

I have only posted here to tell of my upcoming adventures and to show some shots of my vans suspension, as some did not recognise it, I'm not criticising or apportioning blame.
Maybe I should start a new topic for the photos of this little van in action, as there seems to be some confusion here, as it has wandered from the orginal thread.

There was a problem with a failed arm, but since being told it was basically user abuse, I have had it fixed and moved on from that. If there is a weakness I have no interest in it.

I would like to add that Absolute Trailer Solutions, were absolutely brilliant in getting the parts together and sending them quickly off to Kununurra, to get my stranded daughter back on the road
And Motor Workz Kununurra (van repairer, formerly Kimberley exhaust) was equally efficient and helpfull.
Also Caboolture Caravan Repairs for their time and advice, these guys know their stuff

I would highly recommend these companies.

I will start a new tread with some action shots of how it performs offroad, when I get time

Cheers Ken
FollowupID: 855390

Reply By: Kiwi1 - Sunday, Oct 20, 2013 at 19:07

Sunday, Oct 20, 2013 at 19:07
Ken,

A couple of years ago, somebody on the factory site tried to suggest that a 14 foot BT might be a good idea for serious off-road van. As I recall, the poor soul was given a right bollocking and told, in no uncertain terms, that such a small van would be unsafe at any speed, impossible to live with and a waste of time and money. Most of what was written was subsequently censored, but probably suggested that it might even cause cancer. LOL.

The sum total of it was that the factory would refuse to build such a ridiculous little van and the poor bloke was banned from the site for suggesting it. Does this help explain why you think you have some issues?

Michael

AnswerID: 586466

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Monday, Oct 21, 2013 at 10:36

Monday, Oct 21, 2013 at 10:36
Ah yes, and you will remember I was lured onto that thread Michael, and got deleted as part of a string of replies. Let's face it, BTi was going with the larger demand for the bigger vans and were not prepared to make just a few smaller ones; that's business. Lets also face it that person was telling BTi in no uncertain terms how they should run their business, so of course the majority of the thread eventually went. It is good news that BTi are now meeting the smaller van market, like where they started. Nothing wrong with smaller vans as you know.

Cheers

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

FollowupID: 855391

Follow Up By: Kiwi1 - Monday, Oct 21, 2013 at 19:51

Monday, Oct 21, 2013 at 19:51
Ha ha. I'd fprgotten that you were nuked at the time, MH. I can't remember what you said, but it must not have conformed with the script. ;)

As I recall, the originator wanted a BT but was after something smaller and more nimble than the big 'land yachts'. I don't recall anything that suggested he was telling BT how to run their business - far from it. If they took it that way, it must have struck a chord - once the smoke had cleared, BT announced the very vans they had railed against.

From what I've seen, there are now some very good vans coming onto the market that fit the need for all the bells and whistles in a compact, rugged single-axle van. We won't see much of them because they'll have gone through that narrow, winding track to the less-accessible spots that are still out there.

Michael
FollowupID: 855392

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Monday, Oct 21, 2013 at 22:01

Monday, Oct 21, 2013 at 22:01
Hi Michael

Yes, I said we had an 18 footer that had done lots of rough stuff and was still going strong ;)

Telling a business that they should meet a different market than they have chosen was not welcome by BTi and fair enough, but we are not here to talk about other forums so I will say no more about it. This is common policy on the forums I frequent - I don't know how you approach this on your brand specific forum.

This forum is a gathering of friends with mutual travel interests, and I will meet another tomorrow :)

Mh

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

FollowupID: 855393

Reply By: braggy - Monday, Oct 21, 2013 at 19:48

Monday, Oct 21, 2013 at 19:48
Hi Micheal & Mh

It's that sort of one sided censorship that makes this BOG site a much more valuable resource, where differing opinions can be offered and discussed, after all thats what forums are for.
With over censorship it just becomes an advertising site.
Being banned from that site is a bit like being able to watch TV but not allowed to watch the ads. LOL

As to the other poor guy getting a bollocking, well, I have suggested that BTi post the entire correspondence I have had with them, on this site, for owners/ members to comment on.
I would welcome opinions on the way things have been handled by both sides.

Cheers Ken

AnswerID: 586467

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Oct 22, 2013 at 05:56

Tuesday, Oct 22, 2013 at 05:56
Ken,
Have you seen any PIG flying lately. Neither have I and as you made the suggestion to BTi, I think you will see PIGs flying before your suggestion takes place.

Brian

FollowupID: 855394

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Saturday, Nov 02, 2013 at 06:06

Saturday, Nov 02, 2013 at 06:06
I guess "He who owns the Forum makes the rules" If that bugs you - then my suggestion is don't go there and all will be sweet.

John and Jean
AnswerID: 586468

Reply By: braggy - Sunday, Nov 03, 2013 at 18:40

Sunday, Nov 03, 2013 at 18:40
Hi Grumpy

Good suggestion, And I don't go there.

.But all is not sweet, when I get told by them as to what not to post on this forum, and I don't think he is even a member here.

Gee, next I'll be told that I can't have that sign on the back of my own van, that creates such interest..

Ken

AnswerID: 586469

Reply By: Chris & Tracy - Sunday, Nov 03, 2013 at 19:32

Sunday, Nov 03, 2013 at 19:32
If you have nothing nice to say say nothing noosa
AnswerID: 586470

Our Sponsors