Fridge Globe

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 14, 2013 at 22:26
ThreadID: 129069 Views:3174 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,
I wonder if anyone out there can help me. The globe in our fridge has blown. What I thought would be a simple replacement job IS NOT!!. I ordered a globe with a local supplier who stated that there would be no problem getting a globe. Based on this, I threw the old globe in the bin. (wrong) The supplier now says they need more information about the actual globe size. SO, If anyone has a two door "frostbite" fridge freezer fitted in their van and can give me the brand and all the specifications that are written on the base of the globe. I would be very grateful.
Cheers Spydor & Robyn
P.S I was under the impression that the frostbite fridges were a "Waico" product. However, this is not the case according to the local Waico agent
Spydor
Everybody makes me happy! Some when they arrive, Some when they leave !!

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Bushwacker - Friday, Nov 15, 2013 at 03:44

Friday, Nov 15, 2013 at 03:44
Speak to Bob Parkinson. contact details below

He will tell you what you need and have them in stock

I bought some spares (and then misplaced them)

Bob Parkinson
Alternate Gas Refrigeration
Unit 20, 14 Holbeche Rd
ARNDELL PARK NSW 2148
(02) 9672-1664

Bob 0418239863
Roughing it in style

AnswerID: 586688

Reply By: Spydor - Friday, Nov 15, 2013 at 04:18

Friday, Nov 15, 2013 at 04:18
Thanks Bob.
If the local mob over here draw a blank, I will give him a call
Cheers Spydor & Robyn
Spydor

AnswerID: 586689

Follow Up By: BushBoss - Friday, Nov 15, 2013 at 19:40

Friday, Nov 15, 2013 at 19:40
Hi Spydor
if it is the bulb give WAECO a call on 1800 212 121 and they can send you out a replacement.
However it is probably not. At the rear of the fridge there is a small piece of aluminium channel screwed to the metal base of the fridge. It is usually about 50mm long. In this channel are some wires attached to a resistor??? which controls voltage to the light in a 12v and 240v situation. From vibration the small joints break and therefore no light.
If you do not intend to run the fridge on 240v then it is a simple fix. There are 3 wires. Join the 2 red (power) and 1 black to earth and the light will work if it was not blown. If it is the bulb they are quiet expensive.
Hope this helps if not i can send you a diagram

Good luck
Lance
FollowupID: 855463

Reply By: BushBoss - Monday, Nov 18, 2013 at 20:02

Monday, Nov 18, 2013 at 20:02
I have had numerous member mesages regarding the fix for this issue if it is not the bulb.
Attached is a rough diagram of the fix but be aware that after changing the wiring you cannot hook up to 240v or it will blow the bulb. Hope this helps
Lance

Image Could Not Be Found
AnswerID: 586690

Reply By: Spydor - Monday, Nov 18, 2013 at 22:39

Monday, Nov 18, 2013 at 22:39
Hi Lance,
Thanks for your input. The Frostbite fridge is a dedicated 12 volt fridge only. Runs the Danfoss compressor, so 240 volts don't come into the equation. The problem is the globe. When I removed the globe from the fridge, it was not clear glass, But burnt black inside and you could see where the filament had broken.
Cheers Spydor & Robyn
P. S. Thank god I don't have to sort out THAT wiring!!!!!
Spydor

AnswerID: 586691

Our Sponsors