Any interest in a water flow meter anyone?

Submitted: Friday, Nov 22, 2013 at 05:36
ThreadID: 129079 Views:6727 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
A friend on the Gold Coast has found some water flow meters in the US and has worked a bulk price sub $50 landed in Australia. Very useful if you think you may be using a lot of water and your tanks don't hold much! Have a look at the Flow Meter and here is a bit of flexibility in that it measures down to 1.5 litres per minute. I probably wouldn't do much if you run your drinking tap slowly, but for larger flows like the sink, basin or shower.

The flow meter is suggested to run for up to about two years on two AA batteries.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Harry & Jan - Friday, Nov 22, 2013 at 06:44

Friday, Nov 22, 2013 at 06:44
Hi John and also Heather.
Good to see you arrived home safe from Alice. This is a link to flow meters I found not sure if it's the same product. http://www.futurlec.com.au/Flow_Sensor.jsp

Regards Harry.
The windscreen is a Travelling Picture Show

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 586742

Follow Up By: grumpyolephartz - Friday, Nov 22, 2013 at 07:26

Friday, Nov 22, 2013 at 07:26
Hi Harry and Jan thinking I should give you a call. We made it home in four days from the Muster. Had a few visitors since too including two BTs travelling through. The drive was a bit hard with the winds at the time. Heather is still suffering from the concentrated travelling. Too many hours sitting at a time.

I wasn't all that concerned to fit a flow meter to ours as I know we can stretch the water out with ours pretty well and BTs work well with the tank by tank procedures. With smaller tank configurations though they could be interesting. Our tanks even last longer if I leave a fill tank tap open! Silly me, eh Les :-P
FollowupID: 855515

Reply By: Les N Sally - Friday, Nov 22, 2013 at 18:56

Friday, Nov 22, 2013 at 18:56
Hi John & Heather,
.....no need for a meter if you hook up to your neighbours tanks!
Did you prove your inlet tap left open was the issue?
Cheers Les N Sally
AnswerID: 586743

Follow Up By: grumpyolephartz - Saturday, Nov 23, 2013 at 20:14

Saturday, Nov 23, 2013 at 20:14
Guilt feelings as I mentioned it above mate. Yes, the issue confirmed!

Timboon still s green as you left it. Drizzle on and off for the three days
FollowupID: 855516

Our Sponsors