Membership

Submitted: Monday, Dec 02, 2013 at 17:15
ThreadID: 129095 Views:4342 Replies:1 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi we have been travelling for the last couple of months with little or no internet and having arrived at last to a town with coverage downloaded our emails and then logged on to the BOG site only to find we are not financial. We have been members for 8 years and as far as I can remember we have always received a renewal notice email and reminders prior to that, Has that changed as we certainly haven't received an account or reminders and would still like to be members.
Cheers Colin
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ADMIN - Monday, Dec 02, 2013 at 21:45

Monday, Dec 02, 2013 at 21:45
Hi Colin,

Thank you for your email. My apologies for you not receiving any renewal notice. Earlier this year we did have some issues with renewal notices not being sent out. This has now been rectified, so it may be that you were one of our members affected by this.

If you would like to pay your membership renewal at your earliest convenience, I would be more than happy to action it straight away for you. You can pay by direct deposit, paypal or credit card. Please let me know which method of payment you would like to use and I will provide you with the relevant information.

Cheers
Edwina
Admin Clerk/Bookkeeper

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 586800

Follow Up By: MEG & Capt Norty - Monday, Dec 02, 2013 at 22:33

Monday, Dec 02, 2013 at 22:33
Hi Colin,
Please accept the Committee's apologies - there have been unexplained glitches in the BOG site. President Pam is frequently seeking rectification from the site hosts.

The Committee is very much aware that the BOG site may be old technology; and we are actively pursuing alternatives, including a totally new site.

President Pam will be organising a survey of members to ascertain just what our members want/wish with our new BOG website. Because there are so many alternatives; and because of the cost which will be substantial; we do not want to hurry this process and not get the best outcome for our members.

Past Committees over the years have provided BOG with substantial funds to have a new website created. In the meantime, if any members have any problems at all with the BOG site, please do not hesitate to contact the committee.
Secretary MEG
Margaret & Norton

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 855553

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Dec 03, 2013 at 03:31

Tuesday, Dec 03, 2013 at 03:31
Meg,

When I was doing the Secretary job, if something like this happened then I would change the members expiry date and make them financial for another 2 weeks so they can just go into the site and Renew Membership.

Because they are down as not being a financial member they do not get a screen with the option to renew membership, only new membership.

I found this method much easier for the member to be able to make their renewal payment.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 855554

Follow Up By: The Hob - Tuesday, Dec 03, 2013 at 21:25

Tuesday, Dec 03, 2013 at 21:25
Colin

My membership has been renewed and is shown as such on my profile but I have not received new membership cards.

Thanks

Alan and Barbara Hobson
FollowupID: 855555

Follow Up By: The Hob - Tuesday, Dec 03, 2013 at 21:26

Tuesday, Dec 03, 2013 at 21:26
Colin

I should have addressed my concerns to Edwina.

Sorry to you both

Alan
FollowupID: 855556

Follow Up By: Whereuwheeliebin - Friday, Dec 06, 2013 at 17:30

Friday, Dec 06, 2013 at 17:30
Hi Edwina,
I sent you a member message a few days ago in response to your reply thanking you for your quick response and that we would still like to be members and that a direct debit would be our preferred method of paying our dues and as yet have not received any confirmation that you actually received it. I am not sure whether the "send Member Function" works when you are not actually a member so have replied on the forum now as well, hoping we can sort this out asap.
Cheers Colin
Oops!! just found the Member Message button flashing and found your reply Thanks Edwina
FollowupID: 855557

Our Sponsors