This looks like a neat bit of gear for charging phones

Submitted: Tuesday, Dec 17, 2013 at 17:51
ThreadID: 129123 Views:7055 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Dual USB flush mounted socket for charging phones and tablets.

It only mentions iPhones and iPads, but I guess it does other phones such as Samsung.

http://www.batteriesdirect.com.au/shop/product/22222/btusb-001.html
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Toyman - Tuesday, Dec 17, 2013 at 20:28

Tuesday, Dec 17, 2013 at 20:28
Hi Willie,
I have a couple in the Van.
The Ipad draws quite a bit,so only one can be plugged in at a time.(Max output is only 1Amp)
Two phones are no problem.
As they are USB any phone etc can be plugged in.

Cheers
John
"He who dies with the most toys wins"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 586878

Reply By: Bobrovin - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2013 at 00:43

Wednesday, Dec 18, 2013 at 00:43
As well as the phones we use one to charge the Kindle.
AnswerID: 586879

Reply By: Innkeepers - Thursday, Dec 19, 2013 at 17:21

Thursday, Dec 19, 2013 at 17:21
Hiya Willie,
We got a couple from Desert Dwellers in Alice Springs and they turned out to work for about a day before the smoke leaked out of the components and they replaced them only to have the replacements suffer the same fate. Not sure of the brand name but they were white with a bit of red on them I think??

So when all else fails it's off to Super Cheap and we got a couple from there. Nice little black unit with a blue led to show power is available. They have two outlets. A 1 amp job on the top for charging the phone and 2.1 amp on the bottom to handle the Ipad.

The ones you have the link to are flush panel mount and need to be mounted in a panel with wiring going to them. The Super Cheap ones I got are the ones that plug into any cigarette lighter socket and are handy in the car. The Super Cheap ones were about $16.00 from memory.

I also installed and wired a cig lighter socket above the rear bench top in the BT so we can plug in back there as well. That cig lighter socket also comes in handy if we want to put one of our 40 litre engels on the rear bench too.

Well mate, Seasons Greetings to you and your good lady wife and we'll look at your words again soon.
Cheers
Rick n Julie
AnswerID: 586880

Follow Up By: Willie - Friday, Dec 20, 2013 at 02:53

Friday, Dec 20, 2013 at 02:53
G'day Rick,

Just sitting on the back deck talking to my four tomato plants. I have no van at present as 'Elvis' is down in Wollongong getting a whole new updated electronic package installed.

After that, all I have to do is have the town water facility put in and get the toilet working. All this to bring a 2001 BT up to a modern day van.

What we do for love !

Have a great Christmas,

Willie.

FollowupID: 855604

Our Sponsors