Camec window winder box

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 18, 2014 at 19:37
ThreadID: 129206 Views:3013 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had to pull one of these apart ? My front window has a decided slope to one side. When open, the LH (non winder side) lift arm is quite sloppy on the winder box end.

I am wondering what sort of fitting secures the lift arm at the winder box end - a rivet or some suck like the window end - or whatever. Or maybe it is a throw away - any suggestions?

Many thanks

John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Fred & Marj - Wednesday, Feb 19, 2014 at 03:23

Wednesday, Feb 19, 2014 at 03:23
Hi John

You can repace the winder available aany caravan camac supplier - the box is not fixable if it is broken inside but you can check this by removing the box - see the bible I'm sure its in there.

If not caravansplus have details on their site.

regards

wayne
Helen & Wayne

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 587138

Reply By: Boystoy - Wednesday, Feb 19, 2014 at 09:16

Wednesday, Feb 19, 2014 at 09:16
Hi John,

Broke a pair on the way to Alice Springs. (Forgot to lock down a window then drove into a 80kph headwind.) While waiting for a replacement to come into stock, I decided to pull one apart. Not possible as the assembly is held together with a bunch of (I think M5) screws that have break-off heads that finish flush after original assembly.
Simple job to replace with new winder assemblies. I paid $35 each in Alice.
Make sure when ordering that you specify either left or right hand assemblies

Neil
A Bushtracker (or BT) is a "Boys Toy"

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 587139

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Wednesday, Feb 19, 2014 at 18:53

Wednesday, Feb 19, 2014 at 18:53
Thanks for that guys... just the info I was looking for. I have a habit of pulling things apart that are not fixable.

Cheers

John and Jean
AnswerID: 587140

Reply By: Dare to Dream - Sunday, Feb 23, 2014 at 02:36

Sunday, Feb 23, 2014 at 02:36
John, You can take the winder out of the box it is in and swap it to the other side. Sharp pull is usually enough to get it out & then remove the plug from the opposite side & pop it back in . regards, Graham
AnswerID: 587141

Our Sponsors