Check Up

Submitted: Friday, Apr 04, 2014 at 19:00
ThreadID: 129265 Views:2933 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,
As we are getting our Bushtracker prepared for another trip I would like to get the whole Solar system and batteries checked out as I believe it is not working as well as it should. We have 4 solar panels and 4 120amp batteries, but doesn't seem to be holding charge even though the batteries aren't that old. The reading on the Solar gauge used to get to 14.3 now the best it gets to is 13.6 Does anybody know of a good company that I can get the system completely checked out preferably in Melb or Vic
Many thanks
Robert
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Uncle Dodgy - Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 22:23

Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 22:23
Hi Robert
If you are the least bit handy and can follow instructions there is an excellent couple of files on just this subject in the BOG Bible.
You are a member of the BOG, and are entitled to access the files within the BOG Bible.
My apologies in advance if I insult your capabilities with my blow by blow directions, but I have no idea of your level of computer or craftsman litteracy.
Go to the Members tag at the top of the "Home" page and select the option "BOG Bible" (and left click), then select the folder "Maintenance" (and left click) then select the folder "Solar" (and left click) then select the file you wish to read (and left click).
You might get a option box at the bottom of the screen to either open or save the file, that's your choice from there on.
The two main files you are looking for are "Testing Solar Panels.doc" and an excellent operator manual type format file by Peter Chew called "Testing a Solar Panel V3.doc"
If you have any difficulties give me a hoi on the member message option.
If you particularly wish to have the testing undertaken professionally, in the S.E. of Aus. I suggest you contact Peter or Steve at Bushtracker Industries for their suggestions.
Good luck with your quest
John
John & Sharyn
Takin' the long way home - Towing a Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Nissan Patrol 6X4 tow vehicle for 19ft Bushtracker., 19 Ft Queen Island Full Off Road Bushtracker.

AnswerID: 587296

Our Sponsors