Rules in parks and camping sites

Submitted: Thursday, May 08, 2014 at 04:12
ThreadID: 129304 Views:2884 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hey there! is there a rule in parks and camping sites in Vic or other areas in Melbourne regarding bringing of beers and alcoholic beverages while having BBQ party or camping? Can I be RBT'd if I get caught drunk? Just wandering around the park not driving.. or else i might bring my breathalyser if there are rules :))
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 21:29

Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 21:29
Can't say I have ever heard of anyone being RBT'd in a free camp area or park. Our uniformed brothers have more important tasks than harassing mildly bleep campers trying to find their way back to the van.

Jon and Jean
AnswerID: 587424

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 19:55

Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 19:55
You have to be in charge of a vehicle to be RBR'd and unless something has changed since I left the force in 2001 in Victoria it had to be a motorised vehicle, BUT the offence can take place anywhere, even in your own driveway.

In Queensland the laws are a little different in that if you are riding a bicycle while over the legal limits, then you can still be breath tested and loose your motor vehicle licence.

Last year someone riding an Eskie with a small motor propelling it was caught in Noosa and breath tested and he lost his car licence.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 855854

Reply By: Uncle Dodgy - Monday, May 12, 2014 at 01:55

Monday, May 12, 2014 at 01:55
I heard of a case in Queensland that was classed as in charge of the vehicle because he had the car keys in his pocket, and was therefore tested and booked. He was supposed to be nowhere near his vehicle at the time, just had the car keys in his pocket.
I cannot however vouch for the validity of that statement.
Cheers
John
John & Sharyn
Takin' the long way home - Towing a Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Nissan Patrol 6X4 tow vehicle for 19ft Bushtracker., 19 Ft Queen Island Full Off Road Bushtracker.

AnswerID: 587425

Our Sponsors