Waeco Fridge Thermostat

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 13, 2014 at 20:56
ThreadID: 129373 Views:2905 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am wondering if anybody can recommend I good place to have the fridge looked at at Katherine or Darwin?....seems the thermostat is buggered...runs for 3 secs & stops! ...lucky we have a car fridge cos we are at Tomato Island Roper Bar & the beer needs a fridge!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Monday, Jul 14, 2014 at 18:38

Monday, Jul 14, 2014 at 18:38
Most fridge/aircon shops should stock a generic thermostat - probably about $50.00. It has a sensor like a flat coil of soft wire under a round plastic disk on the internal back wall (upper side) and I think from memory it is connected into the electrics in the light box on the internal upper right hand side. Fairly straight forward replacement.

John
AnswerID: 587603

Reply By: The Murray Marauders - Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 02:04

Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 02:04
We are also having trouble with our thermostat but are unable to work out how to get the sensor tail from the light fitting through the side wall and around the corner to the back wall of the fridge and back out behind the round plate. Has anyone got any suggestions?
Life is a journey - so pay the fare

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 587604

Follow Up By: NIK `N` OFF - Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 04:19

Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 04:19
From memory when I did mine you have to take the light cover off, and feed the thermostat wire along and out through the back of the fridge and then re-enter the fridge at the point where the thermostat fits behind the round plastic disc. I used a pencil and wound the wire round & round to make it coiled.

Fridge needs to come out. At least that's how I did mine.
FollowupID: 855938

Our Sponsors