WA is awash in Bushtrackers

Submitted: Monday, Aug 11, 2014 at 05:38
ThreadID: 129417 Views:2977 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Since we left Carnarvon I must have seen twenty Bushtrackers. All but one were headed for the big September muster.

It was great to meet so many Boggers.

We are headed north though and tomorrow leave Tom Price with clean clothes and full tanks. We are off in seach of a big rock hill near Woodstock on the Hillside road. The hill has a big quantity of aboriginal petroglyphs and I am looking forward to seeing and photographing them.

After that we will run up past Skull Springs, Running Waters and Carrawine Gorge to Broome.

Cheers to everybody going to the muster. Hope you all have a great time,

Willie.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushwhackers - Monday, Aug 11, 2014 at 09:44

Monday, Aug 11, 2014 at 09:44
Currently in Port Hedland and Bushtrackers here are like Jaycos on the east coast......everywhere.

I don't know what you know about the area but if you're going to go to Upper Carrawine as opposed to Carrawine, it's best to come of Skull Springs Road so you hit the west side. The water at this time of year may not be so much off a problem so you may be able to go straight through.

Stick to your right when going into Carrawine for the best spots and try not to arrive on a weekend. Damn shame you can't get a van into Running Waters. Absolutely magical and nice and warm.

Enjoy that magical part of he Pilbara.

Cheers
Richard
AnswerID: 587714

Follow Up By: Willie - Monday, Aug 11, 2014 at 19:06

Monday, Aug 11, 2014 at 19:06
Hi Richard,

No, not going to Upper Carawine, it is an ugly spot compared to the lower gorge. I first went to Carawine ten years ago - before the cyclone came and tore all the grass and trees off the gentle slopes off the places that are now just fields of river worn gravel.

I have been into Running Waters twice, but I am keen to show my wife one of the most beautiful places in Australia. Crazy thing though, I have never been into Skull Springs, so that will be a bit of excitement!

Thanks for getting back to me and have a great time at the muster,

Willie.
FollowupID: 855985

Our Sponsors